Polly on our sunrise walk this morning.

8 Likes

I’ll get around to cutting the grass… :grin:

6 Likes

Pooch got a trim

6 Likes

Juno in relaxed mood

13 Likes

Currently looking after our friend’s Australian Cattle Dog, who is the polar opposite to our Golden Retriever. Full of beans, needs full attention, and a couple of daily hikes to keep him settled. Weird choice for them, as they’re not outdoorsy people.

7 Likes

Picked up a little sister for our Cava Poo today

16 Likes

Aww absolutely beautiful mate :heart_eyes:

Awwww cute puppy. I’m out in the hills in L.A hanging out and met a nice boy today called Bodie. Here he is enjoying the sunset…

11 Likes

Bodie living his best life there (and you to Paul by the looks of it). Hope you’re enjoying L.A

Oh my, absolutely adorable

This is George. There’s a lot going on in this photo…

10 Likes

What a beauty. Possibly some boxer in him. Not shy either is he :lipstick::joy:

4 Likes

:rocket: What a good boy.

1 Like

Opinions requested please…

The breeder we got our Staffy from posted a photo of a lovely 8 month old female Staffordshire she needs to re-home because she’s too small to be a show dog. I immediately messaged her and said i was keen to find out more about the pup.

My wife would love another dog but when I mentioned it to her, she felt it was too overwhelming and couldn’t discuss it based on her doubts and fears etc. (she’s the worrier, I’m the impulsive one)

Unbeknownst to my wife, the breeder has said I could bring the pup home on a trial basis to see if she gets along with my 3 year old Staffy, Herbie. I’d love for him to have a playmate and I have always wanted another dog in the house.

My wife is going interstate for 3 days tomorrow.

My question is, do I just drive out tomorrow night, get the pup, bring her home while my wife’s away, for a trial stay, or do i respect my wife’s wishes to not do anything for now. I know if my wife sees this dog she will fall in love. Am I being selfish, or does it sometimes take somebody to make these decisions. For the record, she had never had a dog in her entire life before we got Herbie 3 years ago - now she is obsessed with him.

this is the dog in question - she is 8 months old but very small for her age and breed - cute right?

2 Likes

My take would be don’t do it. Wait for your wife. And ask if you guys can go and meet the dog together. But otherwise you might feel like you get attached to the dog and it may cause a resentment.

1 Like

Or you could do what my brother in law did - get a second dog while your wife is away visiting her parents with the kids and only tell her after it’s been there a week and she is due back home the next day. I wouldn’t recommend it though :grinning:

1 Like

We have been looking after a friends dog for a few weekends recently. Jeez, 2 dogs is far more than twice the trouble, never know whether to look left or right

How is Herbie with other dogs? Have you had friends dogs over at your house?.

Nobody ever goes just to look at a puppy / dog

5 Likes