Doggy style - let's talk dogs

Let’s talk dogs. Who’s got one? What type are they? Do they eat socks? If you don’t have one then do you want one? If not, WHY NOT?

This is Otto.

Yes, he has vomited up an entire sock. He’s the greediest, most cuddly life-form I’ve ever met, and he’s been a life-saver through lockdown.

Half Vizsla, half Labrador. You’d hope that this would tone down some of the less appealing traits of each breed but, of course, it doesn’t work like that. He’s both incredibly hungry all the time and a little neurotic.

22 Likes

This is Bowie. He is very big for a French Bulldog. Likes to sleep and get humpy with my leg. Loves my eldest daughter but is terrified of my youngest (toddler). He doesn’t eat socks but can destroy a whole huge cardboard box in seconds or hump it depending on his mood. He has a thing for labradors so would like Otto I reckon.

I have always had dogs in my life. My sister was a dog clipper, my step dad owned a pet shop and then a farm where he bred dogs. My step brother and I once took 17 dogs for walk. We had nothing else to do, it wasn’t a guiness book of records attempt.

9 Likes

Otto is a bit humpy. All fruitless as he’s ‘been done’. Likes rough trade - large boxers are a favourite.

4 Likes

Bowie still has his knackers. It pained me too much to consider de-balling him. Obviously he sniffs every patch of wee we come across and gets attacked a fair bit so sort of wish I had done it now. Not sure if it would be worth it now he is 5?

2 Likes

I really didn’t want to but I think it was the right move here in London. It’s hard to forgive yourself when you basically drugged your best mate and had their balls lopped off.

4 Likes

Yep exactly my sentiments. Not sure I could have ever looked him in the eye again haha. Now I have to look him in the eye everytime I am fighting to remove him from my leg.

3 Likes

Fowey the Black Lab 2009, in his prime, bit painful to show him now, grey, stone deaf, back legs gone and totally lost control of all bodily functions which is nice if you get up first. Think I’m about a week behind him. Daughter coming back to see him next week which will be bitter sweet I think… still thinks he can chase wabbits, his favourite food. Once chucked up a whole one, have a picture but like something from ‘The Thing’. Still got his knackers, never used them though, except on a sheepskin rug we used to have, burned it.

15 Likes

Fowey looks like a great boy.

2 Likes

How old is Otto? Looks to be a great cross, tall boy?

1 Like

Meet Roobarb

She’s a Border/Staffie cross who I co-parent along with 2 teenagers. A rescue dog. She will eat anything except cauliflower and is very, very affectionate with humans. Not so much other dogs. She loves cheese, getting her belly rubbed and chasing squirrels.

9 Likes

He’s 4. Yeah, he’s pretty large. His mum was more your standard chubby seal Labrador but his dad was the biggest Vizsla I’ve seen. Saying that, we met up with someone else who has the same combo and he was even bigger.

IMG_6319

7 Likes

Roobarb has lovely eyes

1 Like

She does and she knows how to use them to get what she wants

1 Like

I grew up with a German shepherd resembling a wolf and would love a dog now. The kids have been pestering us for years to get one but it’s a big commitment that just isn’t practical when we are not always at home.

1 Like

This is Roscoe p Coltrane ll I have no pictures of RPC l but he was also a pit/staff mix white and brown patches.we couldn’t think of a name so kids said just call him Roscoe…

Quite dog loves people doesn’t mind small dogs, hates bum sniffers, doesn’t like border collies, labs or husky types but doesn’t growl or show aggression on the lead and has been attacked numerous times while out walking by little dogs off their lead and that gets frustrating but he just shruggs it off with a shake and a look up at me kinda saying “I could have had him”.

11 Likes

I am sure Fowey is still an absolute beauty.

1 Like

Looks like the Lab genes strong… remember guy I knew had a Visla on Neal Street, had a lovely temperament, they were quite rare back then, his name was Rizla.

2 Likes

I highly recommend the Dogs Trust to anyone thinking about getting a dog (in the UK). They were brilliant with us in matching a dog to fit our routine/lifestyle.

4 Likes

Staffie’s are lovely natured. Annoys me the reputation they have.

4 Likes

Love stafs so much. Roscoe II looks like a dude

3 Likes