Doggy style - let's talk dogs

He is, sadly his back legs don’t know where the front ones are going, bless im…

12 Likes

I’d love a dog. I’m working from home now (Piers has been on my case for ages as he knows how much I love them) and the thing that holds me back is that I wonder if there will be lots of little young ones that need a home when the world opens up again… I would love a springer spaniel though. They just make me happy.

7 Likes

The puppy trainer we used was great for advice on this. She said that Great Danes are a surprisingly good choice for the city - very chilled, don’t need masses of walks, happy around kids. you just have to be okay with having a dog the size of a horse, I guess.

2 Likes

Used to have a big black lab who was the daftest being I’ve ever known. Had a couple of strokes but lived to the age of 17. A bonkers and happy dog.

3 Likes

What a beauty. I love an old lab.

2 Likes

It’s worth a trip to the Dogs Trust (or similar). They look at everything from your lifestyle to where you live. They get all sorts of dogs and will give you all the advice you need.

3 Likes

A puppy trainer is the best way to go unless you’re really experienced. Saves you a lot of trouble down the road. A Great Dane would be great as a small kid.

1 Like

She was really good, took both of the dogs I’ve had to her. She was a little down on my selections (vizsla and then vizsla cross) but its good to have someone who’ll give you straight advice.

Started doing TV since we used her but looks like she’s still doing classes….

1 Like

Obviously knows her onions

1 Like

I had a black Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Bart. A big very tough looking fella so would scare a few. He was amazing though. Not overly keen on other dogs but was amazing with people and especially kids. Lived until the ripe old age of 15.

4 Likes

They really are people dogs

2 Likes

This is Gloria, she’s four years old, eats her own shit, snores like 20 stone trucker and loves nothing more than rolling in excrement, but I love her so.

7 Likes

Cutie, what is it with dogs eating shit? Ours love the stuff, Cows, Cats, his own… bloody weird.

2 Likes

Mate it really sucks, we sadly have people sleeping rough in the woods around us and her upmost delight is a fresh human stool. Those moments do test my love.

5 Likes

Boston?

Bowie does the same. He absolutely hates the bath but that is not enough to stop him rolling in shite! He even rolled in a rotten fish once. The drive home was not much fun

3 Likes

Is dogs going to beat the deep house ingredients thread haha

4 Likes

Ours has a sixth sense for it, will go around carpark looking for farmers land rovers to lick it of the mud flaps, seems his only pleasure in old age. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ha! I love that dedication and almost artisanal approach. Like tasting a fine wine…

5 Likes

Yeah she’s a Boston, love the breed, but tbf I love all dogs.

Yeah Gloria wriggled in a dead hedgehog last week.

5 Likes

Look at Gloria! Beautiful.

The shit eating is utterly grim, but it gives me strength that we’re all suffering our dogs bad habits together

2 Likes