DJ effects - what can you recommend?

Only have 2 channels.

FML.

I love the MasterSounds FX (although mine is currently undergoing repair). The big filter knob works like magic. Think it works best with their mixers though.

Been looking at this…anyone tried it/have it?

…& this, or will pull the trigger on the Boss RE-20 Space Echo

Anyone used the RE-20 Space Echo in there dj set up…?

Spider? Did you not get on well with this, going by your post above? Thanks

i tried it briefly… didn’t work for me at all. happy to sell it on for £100

1 Like

I have. I quite liked it. Young Marco uses that one all the time. Dreadbox are pretty nuts as a company. The Boss one might be an easier starting point and if it doesn’t give enough you can flog it and get one of those. The good thing about the Boss one is you can tap it into (or out of) time really easily.

1 Like

I’m interested Mr Spider…we need to talk :ok_hand:

I’ve sent you a PM mate :+1:

1 Like

I knew you used it the studio Paul, but not in a dj set up. I must admit the reviews I read are nothing but praise for it…but, used as a guitar pedal effect not from a dj perspective.
But a delay effect is the same in what ever context you put it to use at the end of the day I suppose.

This guy is using one in his setup: Vinyl Factory Live: Kirollus #9
Not sure if he actually uses it in this video but he’s done a few loves streams for VF and definitely uses it in some. I’ve changed up my dj setup adding an re20 and a Benidub DS71 and am finding it very fun!

1 Like

Hi
First time poster!
I have the Bozak AR-4 which has a send/return
I have a delay unit but it controls the whole sound but what I’d really really like is to be able to assign to each channel (delay on 1 and no delay on 2 for instance)
Is this possible at all? If not is a unit that could somehow make it happen?
I’m guessing not?
Thanks in advance
Rich

Welcome! I don’t think you’d be able to do this with your mixer as it doesn’t have aux pots for each channel. Something like a Mastersounds Radius would work for an equivalently priced rotary mixer.

Benidub delay is a slightly cheaper Erica Nina Tune alternative. I had a play around with one last year and it’s really good

1 Like

Thanks!
Did you have a play on both? If so which did you prefer?

I didn’t play with the Ninja Tune Zen delay no. Check reviews for both I’d say they probably both have their own pros and cons

Anyone had experience using Zen Delay?

Thinking about getting one as seems a bit more user friendly than the pedals.