Clobber - a clothes thread

Looking to invest in a new suit as I have a couple of weddings in 2025, and need another anyway.

I like good fabrics with a more casual style. I had a UW one I really liked ordered, but turned out the trousers (in my size) were out of stock, so cancelled.

Looking to spend £500 at most.

1 Like

That’s a real shame. It would be worth it to sign up for notifications when your size is back in stock. It does happen, particularly if you’re buying the latest season. I presume you’re not near enough to a UW to go in for a fitting?

Just bought the UW Olive Military Chinos in Italian Tweed, with the Two Button Jacket to match. I think I’m in love.

2 Likes

No, unfortunately not. It wasn’t from their latest line. I’m down in civilisation for a couple of weeks and looking to try some stuff on for fit/size.

Was a bit gutted as I have enough bits of theirs to know what sizes work, and loved the cut and fabric.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m the same with UW. Love their stuff.

Hope you get sorted.

2 Likes

Honestly the best suits for that sort of money are from Bonobos (not sure if you can get them over there). Fit like a glove.

1 Like

I’m having a very, very low key wedding in a few weeks and nearly bought exactly this, borderline regret I didn’t. Went with the anders wool. Really happy it so also big recommendation for UW here if you can find something in your size. Relaxed, comfortable, but suit-y. I never wear suits but I feel comfortable in it, when normally I feel like screaming when I wear them.

Edit: Some Wax London suits looked nice, haven’t tried them

4 Likes

UW have an eBay shop, heavy discounts for anyone interested

11 Likes

Ah brill thanks. Mega bargs!

1 Like

That’s what I love about them. They’re dead comfy and don’t actually feel like a suit.

1 Like

I just bought some pieces from wax but haven’t tried them on yet, quality was much better than I thought they’d be.

1 Like

Claremont merch!

Congrats on the forthcoming wedding!

1 Like

Great tip. Is it stuff from previous seasons? Some great bargains

2 Likes

Looks like the majority of bits are SS24.

1 Like

Cheers chaps. Defo going to go with UW. Don’t need to pull the trigger for a while yet, so will keep an eye on their sales over the next few months.

+1 for UW suits, got one for a wedding earlier this year, lovely quality and fit. They use Paul Smiths tailors for any alterations if you buy in the Nottingham store.

1 Like

Top quality merch received just now, thanks @apiento

I can already anticipate the confused faces of my work colleagues when I wear this to the office :laughing:

11 Likes

The new Real McCoy’s A/W24 campaign is pretty edgy…

7 Likes

After months of ibs and a colonoscopy last week this t shirt feels abit too personal to wear ! lol

7 Likes

Slightly obsessed currently with spendy military repro gear :joy:

3 Likes