Clobber - a clothes thread

A bib-front Henley?

Maybe not this colour, but this style?

That looks really close, thank you, opens up a new rabbit hole for me

1 Like

Whenever I’ve bought them in the past the fabric has been pretty flimsy. Also need to buy a size up they are teeny after one wash. Ended up giving them to the kids!

1 Like

Yeah you’re right mate, they did come up small

I am… it’s a rip off for something that costs a few pounds to make. They’re not a designer product. It’s unjustified. No basic record label/magazine type tee should ever be over £25

6 Likes

I think @Apiento pitches it just right with the Test Pressing merch.

4 Likes

and the quality is just right for the price

2 Likes

Heading to London in a few weeks. Any recent finds / recommendations / tips on where to head for clobber, second hand or otherwise? Scandi brands are pretty accessible where I’m based so mainly interested in UK - Japanese - US stuff.

Kristina Records in Hackney has an excellent second hand clothes section, I was in there yesterday and bought a couple of things.

They had loads of Beams Plus, plus Battenwear and Stussy amongst loads of other brands.

Great records, coffee and pastries too.

5 Likes

Clutch Cafe, Son of a Stag and American Classica for all your top end Japanese and other Americana.

Brick Lane Vintage basement, just around the corner from Son of a Stag.

5 Likes

This is the thing I’ve been most complimented on recently.

It’s a fucking scarf…

3 Likes

Nice one, didn’t know they’ve expanded into all that. I used to shop at Kristina loads when living in London over 10 years ago. Can’t think of a better being than Brian (not Brian) to pull stuff off the shelves for someone who was just getting into it all.

2 Likes

Yeah he was always very chatty and helpful with suggestions when he worked in phonica

2 Likes

…also Rivet and Hide

Great shop. The staff in the one up here are brilliant.

1 Like

Need some new headgear now the cold is starting to bite. Any recommends? Beanie/trawler/deck hat kinda style. Love these Heimdalls though

2 Likes

Bought a couple of handmade wool beanies from Baileys Bespoke on Etsy. They fit my bald bonce a treat (couldn’t load the link for some reason).

3 Likes

Not a favourite brand-wise, but I’ve been impressed with the quality and how well they maintain their shape. I’ve approached winters with a “2 of these YMC beanies” strategy for the past 5 years. On my third beanie atm.

2 Likes

Yeah like that. Big Bill Murray in The Life Aquatic vibe

4 Likes

Just picked up one of these BNWT for £180.

Nothing groundbreaking for Post but it’s lined and that beautiful stitching on the cuffs made me buy it :wink:

3 Likes