Clobber - a clothes thread

Up in Town for a few days and limited time so no time to flounce around, want a big relaxed white shirt (LS) to traipse around in on hols. Used to have a old Margaret Howell one but has fallen to bits and Mrs refuses to let me take it.

Where too these days?

Depends on your budget and style of shirt

Universal Works
Dover St Market (note, not on Dover St any more)
John Simons (for the definitive Oxford)
Liberty

Or if on a budget, then UNIQLO does an okay one

1 Like

Good call mate works in DSM… ta x

Just invest in another Margaret Howell one, you’ll get the same wear and have the same love for it.

I’m a big fine of the MHL line.

Go on, treat yourself.

1 Like

You’re right, love that shirt, think I bought it in 95, think I’ve had my monies worth!

3 Likes

Last time I went ‘out’ I wore a Burro shirt with bondage straps that I must have bought in… maybe 2000? It’s definitely older than some of my kids.

2 Likes

This is the case i make to folk who think £300 Japanese jeans are a rip-off. I’ll basically wear them for about 50% of the year for at least 5 years (often far longer), which equates to approx 900 days. Which works out at about 30p per day. Not bad for something exquisitely made that makes you feel good.

6 Likes

I have the same attitude to my clothes (although I wait for sales) and generally a good pair of pants of a great jacket gets proper mileage to justify the cost.

2 Likes

Found a el classico in my folks house this evening, we were in for dinner and an excuse for me to have a look upstairs…carhartt camo

7 Likes

Circa 98 me thinks

https://www.helascaps.com/all-products

6 Likes

Used to love my Japanese denim, but sold the lot about 12 months ago.

Fatigues have taken their place in my wardrobe.

1 Like

Yeah, i have a few pairs of lovely vintage fatigues. Apair of OG107’s from 1953 which are the softest, most sumotous pair I’ve ever owned, and a pair of original P42 reversible HBT camo fatigues.

Scored these for £15 a few weeks back too, which was a touch.

5 Likes

Love the Amnesia pyramid one, would be all over that had I not started a new job last week and won’t get paid until the end of October…

1 Like

Lovely stuff.

Big fan of fatigues and can’t imagine wearing anything else day to day :+1:

£80 for a T shirt though, I couldn’t get myself to justify that much.

6 Likes

I thought that , they are nice but…

1 Like

JBO tees and sweats back up for pre-order, but I’m finding the £45 plus £7 postage a turn off. Shame.

I’m not against this paying £45-50 for a good quality screenprinted tee… maybe these are worth extra pennies.

Maybe you folks can help me. Slightly obsessed with a particular style of indigo/ticking stripe workshirt I’ve seen around, it has a bib panel in front, 3 buttons and a grandad collar I think. Problem is I can’t track one down since I have no idea what it’s called. But I wants it.