Clobber - a clothes thread

A bit gutted I missed the Kunichi Nomura x Carhartt suits - perfect for someone like me who struggles with smart clobber.

2 Likes

If the jackets are fitting the models that badly not sure how they’d look on the rest of us. Pushing the boundaries of the word ‘smart’ there.

1 Like

Yeah tbf they do hang a tad loose on those waifish Japanese gentlemen, but I’m not looking for Saville Row. The joy of working in the creative industry means i never need to be too polished. I like that they’re still workwear items and have that boxy silhouette.

4 Likes

you tried universal works ?

3 Likes

Yeah they’re good for that kinda thing, I have a Nanamica one that’s equally unstructured.

Barena as well but a bit spenny and a tad more smart but still relatively casual.

Recently purchased the best trousers I have ever bought in the form of the NN07 Bill Trouser. Such a nice fit. I got the tan and like a fool dithered over getting some black whilst they were in the sale and now all gone and back to the full price of £180. Ouch. Replacing the crown previously worn by the Folk Assembly Pant.

Also bought the Club Copson T Shirt as missed it the first time around so was happy to see it back on their website. I did buy the Salomon Ultras Copson as well but could only find a size 10 and just hoped they come up small but alas not so conceded defeat and selling them. Will have to pray a pair come up in my size one day on eBay etc (not stockx, stupid prices…always)

1 Like

Just managed to get the NN07 Bill in grey for £60. Some crazy dude must have returned a pair to Peggs & Son in my exact size. Thanks crazy dude.

edit…just arrived, I think they are even better than the tan ones!

1 Like

I’m not really a wearer of shoes or boots but quite like the look of these from G.H Bass In Your Face. Although last pair of shoes I purchased were Yogis and I wore them once and then completely forgot about them for a year or so. Now sold.

4 Likes

Any suggestions for boots with a soft sole? Had my heart set on some red wing rovers but they are not making them any more as apparently they laid a lot of staff of during covid and now don’t have the skills to make anything other than iron Rangers and moc toes. Had some iron Rangers and they looked great but the hard sole wasn’t great for my gammy knee so a soft sole essential (had some red wing chukkas for about 5 years which were great)

Chippewa any good?

2 Likes

Those look perfect!! Seriously! Thanks Howler!

1 Like

Although sold out :frowning:

1 Like

Damn!

I mean, I live in my Yuketen Maine’s pretty much all winter - the comfiest boots ever, but I’m guessing you want more of a proper boot rather than a mocassin style?

3 Likes

Yes mate, those are nice but looking for a boot boot if that makes sense! I’ve gone for some iron Rangers but with the Goodyear rather than the harder vilbram sole

4 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

https://www.helascaps.com/
Some nice bits here

1 Like

Such a great brand and my go to boot for many a year. They ain’t cheap but worth every penny.

1 Like

Haven’t heard that for years a flatmate had it in the late nineties and I think I ended up buying it in a second hand shop about 15 years ago. Will now have to spend eons trying to find it.

1 Like