Clobber - a clothes thread

no offensive but i would laugh at them- they are pretty gross- but what do i know!

1 Like

I have done all the quality testing for you with this store. Have many items for over 2 years with lots of wear, very impressed with the quality. Vintage military copies and workwear. Many items are on limited runs. Denim both loomspun on vintage rigs and regular, good selection. https://bronsonshop.com

I had a pair of thick pyjama like material ones about 20 years ago. Comfiest trousers I’ve ever had

No offence taken. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things, eh?

5 Likes

Not a great day in the sock world for me today.
I occasional treat myself to a pair of Burlington socks.
I bought a new pair a few weeks ago, Ive wore them twice, probably walked about 5 miles in them max and they have a fucking hole in already (insert angry face).
Not good for a £14 pair of socks.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Socks - Keeping toes warm and looking nice at the same time

I’m just under 6". Weigh about 85kg. Have long arms/legs but a short torso. All of the ones I’ve bought are size “41-89” and fit spot-on.

My main lockdown clothes purchase has been a proper pair of Palladium boots (I only had the Office rip-offs back in the early 90s). I can now kid myself I was a proper member of the Balearic Network™, and not a scruffy indie-kid going to the Camden Palace on a Tuesday

2 Likes

Gone a bit nuts this week and bought a few tasty items. Ripstop Kapital hospital jacket, Post Overalls Engineers in wool (eBay - total bargain), a handful of Velva Sheens for summer and some Oliver Peoples sunnies.

On the bones of my arse as a result.

3 Likes

I didn’t know the Kapital hospital jacket. Just looked it up. Lovely. Looks right up my street.

Any thoughts on fit/sizing? I often find Japanese brands a little small for my XL frame.

Waiting for the Kapital to arrive. Went for a L looking at the sizing. Will report back. I’m a fairly standard large in most European clothes - fair bit of extra lock down chunk is proving tough to shift.

EG is the killer - so unpredictable. I tend to be an M in their jackets (NB or loiter jackets for example).

1 Like

You’re twistin’ my sartorial melon, man.

Levis vintage does a nice line in Happy Mondays long-sleeved T-shirts.

Which one you like?

via: Levi's® Vintage Clothing x Happy Mondays – Oi Polloi

3 Likes

go on then, i’ll say it. I’d like to get Bummed by the Happy Mondays.

3 Likes

Old but gold… Wrong thread… Always stopped here on our annual shopping l visit to London from Ireland

1 Like

I quite like the cakes one. The others I’d feel too much like my 16 year old self.

I know what you mean. I might get Freaky Dancin’ for the kids and make them wear it.

1 Like

I like City Gent trilby hats and also got a couple of old Kangol wool mix grousers that are ok once the badge taken off. Was wearing one whilst out and about and as a car full of young men slowed down I prepared myself for the inevitable volley of abuse, was both pleased and disappointed when all I got was “sick hat”.

Best to try and find a shop that caters for older gents and see what you can find.

Have JD Sports bought them out now? Don’t know if the founders will stay on.

There was a quote in Casuals fro 2003 where someone opined “the scene’s dead, hasn’t moved on for years”. But things were starting to freshen up with Eleven Clothing (Rip) in Sunderland who sold an Oi Polloi style mix before Oi Polloi and of course Oi Polloi themselves. The latter should be congratulated for changing everything, and if this is the end for them in their current format then 19 odd years is not a bad go.

My main gripe is that so many stores even when open to customers don’t have the sizes in as so much is in a warehouse waiting for mail order.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know tbh. Not my business if you know what I mean but it feels like they’ve got a flow back and could do some damage again. I think the two owners have just got ridiculously good taste. All about the details…

Absolutely, they have inspired/been copied by so many other shops and lots of their collaborations have been spot on. From stuff they did with Rohan up until the recent things. Maybe they should have kept some of them going as core stock, the jumbo cords they did with Lee still go for £50+ on ebay and he colour of the Sebago soles were just right. but I’ve never run a shop so can’t comment.

1 Like