Bars in Amsterdam

Hello all, looking for sone tips as I always go to the same places in Amsterdam. Preferably a bar with a dj playing across the genres or a nice traditional locals bar.
Thanks!

As far as traditional bars go, love Cafe Chris in the Jordaan and though not as old-timey Spuyt is also great. A new favorite is 't Kelkje around the corner from Red Light Records. Crisp german beers and lots of Jenever.

As for bars with DJs, I haven’t popped into MurMur for a while but that used to be a fun spot. Maybe try Benelux Bar? Taverno right accross from TNP Radio has closed sadly… Amsterdam hasn’t nailed the listening bar thing I feel like…

2 Likes

Traditional
Arendsnest on Singel between centre & Jordaan - 50+ dutch beers on draft, cool spot with outdoors on canal
De Wildman - V trad pub on a very tourist street
Belgiue & Gollem also good

If weather good & you like a beer then a walk through Botanical gardens to BROUWERIJ is worth it
Brewery & pub with commnual tables but closes at 8. Last time me & a mate got talking to 3x dutch couples in 70s who said they like drinking & fucking & 5 min later invited us back to their’s - We declined

To eat - Restaurant Max near Arendsnest is ace Indonesian

3 Likes

1+ for Belgique, DJs most Thursdays and Fridays, great little spot. Most ramshackle booth in town, the slipmats are sticky as hell, have used improvised napkin mats in the past haha

1 Like

Kelkje is great , closes at 9 ! Thanks for those :+1:

Yeah criminal, but with all that Jenever nothing good could possibly come after 9 :')

3 Likes

Yep they have seats outside now as well which helps !

and ALWAYS go to Red Light Records BEFORE :grinning:

1 Like

Excellent , thank you :+1:

Haha yes this is key. Lest you blow 80 bucks one some prog by accident

1 Like

:joy: ha ha ha

Banana Bar :banana:

1 Like

I hear they do a fantastic banana daiquiri there

1 Like

If you like craft ales Tapwest at Bellamystraat 384 has a decent selection, bars not amazing but it’s good to sit outside, don’t think it has music. A much needed break from utterly filthy Pilsner etc. :joy: (sorry!)

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Oh. Looks like it closed in November 2023! Balls sorry!

1 Like

If you like beer

1 Like

Long shot but does anyone know of any funk/soul/jazz or similar nights in Amsterdam over the next few days? Or live bands doing funk/soul/jazz improv or jam sessions?

Cheers in advance