Bandcamp Musts

New Steve Cobby LP is lovely stuff

2 Likes

The Fila retrospective looks like a nice package

3 Likes

This is getting better each time I listen to it.

2 Likes

Anyone know what’s happened with some of the Defected ‘House Masters’ comps on BC?
I bought some tracks recently and just noticed they are no longer in my collection or on BC.

Not specific to those comps but I’ve lost BC tracks before. I went back to the email it sent confirming the purchase and downloaded them again from that link.

I did not realise that Best Record had reissued this

heard on revisiting this lovely mix from Matthew Burgess which deserves some kind of award not least for the best use of Kenny Rogers in a mix…

8 Likes

Ahh ok, thankfully I already downloaded them, bit rum that they can just disappear without BC letting the buyer know though.

Gorgeous ambient-ish album from Junior Boys last fall - I hadn’t really listed to them since the late 00s.

2 Likes

New MJ Blood, like it but it very much ploughs a furrow

1 Like

Not exactly breaking any new ground but enjoyable bit of downtempo biz nonetheless

1 Like

Enjoyable bit of sunshine discoish pop

1 Like

5 Likes

ha - posted this yesterday on the Balearic Burger page and Billie Ray Martin commented on it, but felt admonished/mugged off by admin for the sin of posting a dupe and deleted it, cos f*ck 'em.

I swear TP is the only place where there’s genuine respect online - protect it at all costs!

17 Likes

That group is totally counter productive. I get the intent, no one wants to see the same records over and over but to get a dressing down for it is hardly encouraging folk to contribute.

4 Likes

Haha, yes, I don’t usually check the full thread before posting things. I don’t even manage to check my record shelves before ordering, so i have multiple physical copies of some tunes.

I’m always excited to find old ones on bandcamp as:

1. I can skip the hassle of trying to record the record to computer
  2. Much less chance of a train wreck of a mix from me… I’m a digital convert
3 Likes

Love this new EP from Ludwig AF & Priori - just out. Varied styles but the winner for me is “III” which sounds like “Moments in Love” on a submarine. Delicious.

7 Likes

As the promo notes say:

“On this timeless release, the group channel the golden age of Nu Groove, foundational Warp releases, and the Ibiza days of New Order, all rooted in a uniquely Chicago sound.”

Sold!

Oh, these are the guys that had that ‘lost’ Chigao track out a few years back, right?

EDIT: yeah, this one

1 Like

Yes. I played that one on my last Loose show. Been waiting for this latest reissue.

1 Like