Andrew Weatherall

This one has always been a fave for me

https://youtu.be/nH0e6ZvXt90

2 Likes

Fell asleep last night with the jockey slut tribute in my hand. I’m a true latecomer to Andrew Weatherall, a friend evangelized him to me on our long car rides to get sandwiches and records in the hinterlands of New Jersey as I put him on to Sun Ra with equal fervor. I’m always struck by the depth of emotion and loyalty he inspired in friends and fans alike and boggled by the variety of music he produced and selected. On top of it all it’s wild to know how little I still know about music, a fact that excites me to no end. So thank you to my dude Kirk for opening the AW door and thank you to the man himself for being exceptional in all aspects.

7 Likes

He was a hero of mine from the age of 14 when i heard Loaded, never knew him or met him but admired him from afar, he was an inspiration on how to live your life with intergrity, following your passions not the cash.
I remember where i was when i heard & felt numb for the rest of the day, the world was a better place with AW in it.
R.I.P.

https://youtu.be/d6bUKaFso9M

2 Likes

Love that tune

1 Like

yeah just heard this…keith tenniswoods 13 minute mix is awesome!

1 Like

someone made this collection of all (kind of) mixes of Weatherall Weatherdrive – Google Drive

1 Like

i’m not saying anything that hasn’t already been said, but i’m not going to let that stop me.

huge influence, fantastic style and to use an overworked term in this day & age - vibes, man. vibes that you can detect in a remix, in an interview, in a fucking choice of hat. brilliant and burnished but never sparkly. always punched up. eternally curious. his name was the mark of quality.

anyhoo, love and strength to those who knew him personally - what a year it must have been for you all. maybe in a few years time we’ll have a chance to grieve and celebrate and honor in the company of others. i know that we certainly won’t have forgotten.

2 Likes

Lovely mixes. You probably know of the Weatherdrive - someone else posted about it below - but if not it’s a public google drive of all things AW. If these mixes have not been posted before the nerds there will love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

here he is Weatherdrive – Google Drive

2 Likes

Dublin salutes the Captain

8 Likes

A tough day. Found it hard to be on Social Media today with all the tributes. When he passed I listened to his music for a week solid, couldn’t bring myself to do it today. Justin cheered me right up though with his post, amazing words.

Andrew Weatherall. What a fucking man :heart::rocket::anchor:

6 Likes

this <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx02vDsF_A0

1 Like

on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

epigraph from the slut jockey book:

5 Likes

I love this early interview from 1990 by @Birmingham81 with Andrew Weatherall which I just got reminded of. We have so much stuff on him across the sites but this is very insightful. He knew where it was at from a very early age. Thanks again to @Birmingham81 for sharing. x.

5 Likes

saw this piece of interview today :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Must be the fewest words he ever committed to an interview…but as always, BANG on the money! :joy:

9 Likes

Genius. Heheh.

I think this has done the rounds before… Andrew Weatherall - Live at the Heavenly Sunday Social - 4th Sept 1994 by matflint | Free Listening on SoundCloud warming up for the Chems!

3 Likes

Bit of a left field question, but Weatherall related. Does anybody know the source of the cover of “Stay Down”- Two Lone Swordsmen LP. The illustration feels like 50’s kids storybook . Fathoms deep and murky, just like the music. Always wondered where the image came from, also a similar one used in “bag of blue sparks” EP.

3 Likes