Andrew Weatherall

My old mate, Mozzer, duster off an old piece he wrote for the fanzine 12 years ago

“That’s what I like about what we’re doing now, it reminds me of when we first started. We were playing proto-techno records, indie records, early electronic records. Technically they’re a bit better, but they’ve all got the same feeling.

“I’ve been on a 25-year search for what I wanted to do and discovered where I started was the best place.”

A few years ago – well 12 or so – the Faith Fanzine crew asked me to interview some bloke called Andrew Weatherall for the now defunct old faith website when Masterpiece was released. Couldn’t be arsed to do a retrospective as we all knew the story, so focused on A Love From Outer Space…

Dug it out off the Internet archive so here’s some primo warly stuff…

Faithfanzine Weatherall Interview

8 Likes

Probably had this but I still think it’s ace…

3 Likes

Don’t know if this is already posted
Eight Hours of Andrew Weatherall at ReSolute - Part 1 by ReSoluteNYC on #SoundCloud

Eight Hours of Andrew Weatherall at ReSolute - Part 2 by ReSoluteNYC on #SoundCloud

4 Likes

Had a 2 hours of part1 on this evening while out walking, what a beautiful recording even hearing the crowd adds to the mix…

1 Like

4 Likes

Is this the one that ends with Computer Controlled ( velvet season and the hearts of gold mix)? Andrew did a few dates in the US after getting a visa. In an interview he said that this New York night was in his all time top 10 favorites to have played because the crowd were so into it. Perfect chemistry. There’s a short video online of that last track and the crowd having a ball.

1 Like

Straight from the horses mouth - 1990

5 Likes

Looking through an old copy of Proper Magazine from 2013 and I stumbled upon this article

15 Likes
  1. He didn’t look particularly well there :grimacing:

I remember listening to his last couple of MNFE shows, he sounded dreadful (not the music obvs)

Local spot/independant oasis has had a really nice refurb (Milk Bar in Reading).

7 Likes

The Flightpath Estate just posted this 7 hour Weatherall set ahead of what would have been his 61st birthday on 6th April.

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that’s my next office day very much brightened up

2 Likes

Listening now on a cheeky day off

7 Likes

Misread that as “on a cheeky half” :joy:

My copy arrived this week too :+1:

4 Likes

What is the artwork illustrating? I like they have gone fully away from the guv’nor thing but what is it? A blobby record? I feel like I’m looking at one of those magic eye things and everyone else can see it apart from me : )

If only, on a wet Thursday afternoon

1 Like

Its the ‘new Friday’

1 Like

Oh, in that case let’s go

2 Likes

No idea if it’s meant to be something, but the guy who designed the sleeve art does a lot of stuff that looks a bit like that:

3 Likes