XDJs + MasterSounds Radius 4 mk1

Hi all

I’ve got a few gigs later this month and early Sep where I need to use my own gear. They’re going to be digital-only affairs which, for me, means 2x XDJ 700s + 1x MasterSounds Radius 4.

I’m trying to find a flight case that caters for this setup. Most flight case manufacturers don’t cater for mix-and-match brand set ups. Does anyone have any pointers about potential suitable flight cases that take foam blocks that could be cut out, etc…

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kevin

Peli cases are always a good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got individual Pioneer cases for XDJs. Lightweight and easy to carry.

1 Like

Paging @Donald.Dust to the thread

Yep, these and Peli style case are pretty good. The pioneers have shoulder straps so I used to just carry one over my shoulder and then hold the other xdj and the radius 2 in peli, in each hand. Probably fine to walk a relative distance with this on you, I used to taxi to the gig as I was usually running late.

The whole footprint of this setup is smaller than an XDJ-RX and sounds fantastic. I sold my Radius in the end, I just hadn’t vibed with it properly. Thinking about the Ecler Warm next!

3 Likes

Channelling Moby stacking all his studio gear onto a skateboard and rolling it to gigs in NYC (allegedly)

1 Like

yep - google “pick & pluck” style cases, where the interior foam is cut into a grid and you pick out the pixels to shape around your specific unit. a long time ago i worked in a store that sold these types of mixer cases for pretty cheap (they were made in china, likely by children exposed to toxic glues, was terrible) and there’s probably more than a few available on the secondhand market.

1 Like

Thanks. Was hoping for a one coffin case solution, where I could arrive, plug and play, but this might end up the solution.

Thanks. I’m on it. Hopefully, no children will have been harmed in the ones I buy!

1 Like

i’d advise against a coffin case as they tend to be really heavy and can be hard to get in and out of vehicles. individual cases are a whole lot easier to manage, and there will probably be a time where all you need to take is JUST your mixer or JUST your XDJs.

last piece of unsolicited advice: airtag your cases.

3 Likes

I am gonna echo @deepconcentration here, i have a coffin for the RX3 i sometimes have to use and it weighs an absolute tonne. I had one in a fabric case that had a strap that was much better, not sure if that is possible with three pieces tho…

2 Likes