"Where Once There Were Waves- There Is Now Only Beach." Let's Talk Hairstyles

Speaking as somebody who is now hurtling towards a complete state of baldness, and limits their hair cut aspirations to a number 3 buzz cut all over, just interested in the general follicle state of other forum users. How many on here are still retaining a full head of the stuff?

Dome and bald spot now precariously close. A thinning thatch still keeps them apartā€¦ just.

I remember a similar topic came up on DJH and a very smug Michael Cook just wrote ā€˜baldies gonna hateā€™

1 Like

Been going for the Andrew Weatherall tribute hair since 2020. You save a lot on haircuts.

2 Likes

I recently had my long, luscious, lockdown locks trimmed for work reasons, but still sporting a full head. Even chemotherapy couldnt dislodge the follicles :rofl:

9 Likes

Full head of thick hair with no sign of that changing anytime soon. Number 4 back and sides, tidy up and trim on top, hot shave and nose and ear hair attacked is my go to at an old school barber.

Iā€™m fast going grey. I love it.

My hair quickly goes out of control if not trimmed back regularly lol no danger of baldness here

I knew it was over when I stated shouting random numbers at the poor sod with the scissors. As soon as I spotted the barm cake appearing I had to whip it off, nowt worse than trying to hide it.
To be fair itā€™s been oddly liberating not having to worry about my bonce and getting it sorted out every few weeks. Occasionally when I catch an old picture of myself with a lovely mop I still get a sudden twinge of regret.
I cut my own hair now.
In the kitchen.
I think Iā€™ve fucked it.
Christ.

8 Likes

longish on top, no signs of any hair loss, just got the grey blond thing going on, sides are short. Same haircut as I had in high school when I put no product in it.

quit getting my hair cut at the beginning of lockdown, havenā€™t started up again. i look like the accountant for a 1%'r biker gang.

4 Likes

Obvs eyebrows, ears & nose. Iā€™m always surprised they even ask.

2 Likes

See my avatar :slight_smile:

Currently its shorter than this but usually its some variation of that. Thankfully no sign of any loss, but the greys are more and more

I went to a Syrian barber once who threaded my face. The most painful thing that has ever happened to me, especially as I had to pretend it was totally fine.

2 Likes

All went early doors mid 20s, one of the best things that ever happened to me

2 Likes

First time someone did my eyebrows was a dark day, real ā€œyouā€™re not a kid anymoreā€ moment.

1 Like

I once got a skinhead and because my hair is very light in colour, I looked like I had cancer. Never again. Considering how much hair I get in my nose and ears, my eyebrows are never a problem. I need to shave my ears every day.

2 Likes