What you reading

Good to see Hypnotized in there. Still torn as to whether or not I prefer the pointer sisters version

1 Like

10 Likes

I want to read his Young Soul Rebels book too.

Can recommend, decent read

1 Like

They honestly just need to legalise mushrooms again. Never quite understood why they recriminalised them again in about 2004

4 Likes

It got too overground. There were shops in Camden selling shroom smoothies completely openly. Plus British tourists in Amsterdam being utter cunts.

We can never have nice things because people are fucking stupid :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I just started reading “Dave Haslam’s Life After Dark”. Can’t seem to be able to put it down. Gives a good insight into the history of clubbing in the UK from back in the 1800s to present day.

6 Likes

12 Likes
2 Likes

“I consider myself a profoundly non- or rather trans-political person. Many years ago, I had decided to take the path of making true human connections through music. Unlike politics, which is the mode of separation, I had chosen music, which is the mode of unification,”

:face_vomiting:

5 Likes

I dont really know Rita :laughing:

3 Likes

Got a copy of John Nivens O Brother yesterday. Pretty heavy subject but looking forward to reading.

1 Like

Fuck off.

‘Trans political’ ? When innocent Ukrainian kids are dying? No. It’s money before morals, end of story. Don’t try and intellectualise a bad decision.

After 6am by Atom Heart was a decent tune early nineties… shame its creator has sold out in absolutely the worst way possible.

This isn’t a new thing though is it.?

Big acts in the eighties playing SA during apartheid being one example… it would be nice to think things had changed since…

7 Likes

I’m a hundred pages into Patrick Radden Keefe’s Say Nothing. I’m admittedly rather ignorant about the Troubles (outside the headlines/major players) it’s a mosaic look starting from an act of tragic violence. Incredible book.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/books/review/say-nothing-patrick-radden-keefe.html?unlocked_article_code=1._U0.zBiG.Tvihe8sibpo_&smid=url-share

5 Likes

Milkman is great but definitely challenging.

Say Nothing is fantastic. My wife is American and she says it helped her massively in trying to get a handle on what the hell went on during that time.

If you’re not too sick of the Troubles after Say Nothing, I’d highly recommend Killing Thatcher, about the Brighton bombing in 1984. Rory Carroll did a great job of writing a non-fiction book as a thriller, you’ll fly through it.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Rabbit hole morning. This is probably one of my favourite albums ever full stop. It’s just really special. Can’t believe they recorded 2 more that haven’t been released. Crazy. Good gateway into Columbian music anyway. Oh, and features in the film embrace of the serpent.

3 Likes

A beginner’s guide to disco orchestras

1 Like

correct thread this time

https://www.discogs.com/digs/features/vinylogue-colleen-murphy/?utm_source=Homepage&utm_medium=Discogs&utm_campaign=Colleen-Murphy-Vinylogue_Music

Colleen Murphy’s lifetime of vinyl exploration and discovery has led her around the world. With Classic Album Sundays, she’s come back home.

lovely read this.

5 Likes