What is Jackin?

Trust me it’s worse for me because I’m already too poor and too far to be able to get these so every track I give away I may never see for sale again hahahaha

Just kidding, everything will be fine…

Glad you enjoyed.

1 Like

Here’s another one I love:

This too:

Tommy Musto & Silvio Tancredi involved with both.

1 Like

What is Jackin?

Jackin is hundreds of people dancing to The Force “it’s ok” on a Monday night in Middlesbrough in 1986.

Jackin is the first part of Darren Emerson’s Essential mix where he segues together ‘imnxtx’ and ‘No Way Back’.

Jackin is when the dj just let’s the beats go and you are caught up in that assault of percussion and you give in to it.

Jackin is not collecting flyers from Music Box and Bismarck parties and other vicarious activities.

6 Likes
1 Like

I’ve noticed you’re not big on vicarious nostalgia :joy_cat:

Props to the guy with the walking stick :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Classic Jackin, that. You have to admire their dedication to the cause.

1 Like

How did I miss that Edward Crosby number. Just played it on the BIG system from your link. HEAVY tune and always super grateful for new discoveries. Thanks.

Of course if you want to take the vibe of “jackin” right back, you might start at around here. If you went to any disco or under age youth club in the UK in the early 80’s, this was like wallpaper. Still sounds insane really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNI-0yWCnyg

3 Likes

Drivin. I only vaguely remember this from the vocal, but it is familiar. You went to some good youth clubs.

More Crosby awesomeness:

2 Likes

So, I have just had to find out a bit more about Edward Crosby. Made tracks with Liz Torres, who I love. Also, really enjoy his moniker/sobriquet/appellation (what other words are there for it?) Get Down. So good he named the label after it. I love these names Ed The Red Goltsman, Kerri Kaos Chandler. In fact, there might be a thread in it!

2 Likes

He’s got this other moniker, Street Side Boyz, and it’s funny, almost all the songs have this repurposed Can You Feel It bass line:

1 Like

Because this topic is going very dark and into rough acid house I want to add the work of late 80s Duo Alan Lane & Richie Stevens aka A2L. The releases are still very affordable. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks, certainly Jackin tracks that I had not heard of. The mental image that occurs to me from the first one is sweat and a Vicks vapour rub stick protruding from either nostril.

2 Likes

Bambambam!

What I would do for a night with some pumpin trax on a big system right now!

https://youtu.be/Y6tDVs4sbAE

4 Likes

slamming track, Da Posse had a fair number of killer tracks

spoken word tracks from back then were just on some other level…hypnotic

One of many great Adonis bangers:

as a bonus, this is “only” 12 yrs old, but was kind of glad to get some throwback to the good old days [Toronto represent :slight_smile: ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6T3I_Zskfs

3 Likes

That Adonis video!

1 Like