What don't you get

I agree but these are planned to the minute when they jump up on the table, what they say, etc. but to be fair to them the lighting and pyro are all preplanned as well so spontaneity isn’t really possible.

I get it and without knowing who they are or what they sound like i assume i wouldn’t be a massive fan. I guess what the do is something very different. I just meant coming prepared with some blends you tried out before, some proper bpm stickers and a slim but working bag is underrated.

£25 for a magazine… £25 POUNDS FOR A MAGAZINE!

Does it come with 4 more magazines inside?

Exactly… Faith is free and just costs me the postage. I don’t mind paying up to maybe £10 if it’s really good. Did Jocks & Nerds ever get beyond their first £25 issue?

@Gavin had some useful insights in to how expensive publishing is nowadays:

2 Likes

yeah, but Faith manages to cost nothing… happy to pay up to £10 but don’t take the piss.

It’s a “loss leader” for the Defected brand which is what we music biz people call something that you essentially lose money on purposefully in the service of a bigger goal like marketing your product. Fader was the same thing. Rbma as well.

5 Likes

I’ve been drinking Red Bull ever since RBMA had Harvey for an interview. It works.

6 Likes

Red Bull put money for so long in the hands of so many people I idolized growing up as well as good friends of mine. Their absence in the space is sorely felt.

2 Likes

The saccharine folksiness from Innocent Smoothies is particularly off-putting knowing that they’re owned by Coca-Cola

2 Likes

I loved the Andrew Weatherall one as well, especially when the person interviewing him can’t get YouTube to work.

1 Like

fair enough… but i’m sure it doesn’t cost £25 an issue to produce

Their taste in interviewers left a lot to be desired. I know of one particular incident where a legendary performer not exactly known as a violent type had to be talked out of beating down his interlocutor because that person’s dry European wit wasn’t really translating well in to brooklynese.

A journey

Has to be the most embarrassing thing a DJ says

Agreed. But, 8 djs playing an hour each and it going nowhere is even worse!

1 Like

Jeans that are too long

1 Like

wait, they put saccharine in there?!

1 Like

fave Red Bull was the Moodymann one where his personal assistant was doing his hair. I think excerpts of the chat were then sampled on a big house record by somebody else!

1 Like

Woooo haaaa bring back the bootcut

1 Like