What are you watching?

Its absoutely mad that after all of Breaking Bad and most of Better Call Saul they came up with perhaps the best villain in all of it? Tony Dalton is so good!

2 Likes

That’s good to know cheers and one of the reasons I haven’t watched BCS as never saw Breaking Bad.

Stranger Things 4

Back to its best.

2 Likes

Is the whole series on or are they drip feeding?

First 7 episodes are up. More to come later I think.

1 Like

I was a bit shocked at the content, given we watch with our 12y.o
Gone full on body horror it seems from the first episode

3 Likes

New Storyville docs announced -

6 Likes

Just finished it the other day. Cracking watch!! and looked the part as well

the staircase. 3 episodes in. enjoying this a lot more than the doc.

1 Like

This is good to know, we were about to start from the beginning with our 11 year old. Are the earlier seasons OK for someone who’s past Harry Potter and moving on from Hunger Games?

1 Like

Just caught up on 3 seasons of Better Call Saul to the latest ep. Had to avoid this thread in case of spoilers. So fucking good.

2 Likes

Just started this last night, can tell we’re gonna rinse through it quick

I think it’s better than breaking bad

4 Likes

Was lucky enough to catch Everything Everywhere All At Once at the cinema last night. If you get the chance do not miss this on the big screen. I haven’t seen something so entertaining, inventive and batshit crazy in a good while. Highly recommended.

4 Likes

And me. Fantastic telly.

1 Like

Yep, I reckon so (all kids are different though)
My son has a real problem with anything bad happening to animals, turns out there is an actual website for this

4 Likes

Interesting. I went to see it this afternoon as my GF wanted to see it. I thought it was really really terrible, a total mess of a film. Top ten one of the worst films I’ve ever seen bad :expressionless:

Hahaha well there you go! The plot was all over the place I’ll give you that but it added to the vibe for me. Just total madness and a completely refreshing change to the usual remake/superhero/yawnfest styles of most mainstream cinema. Each to their own I guess! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just thought it didn’t know whether to go full on deep meaningful or stupid humour. The humour won out for me and just detracted from anything deeper it may have had to say. It was also at least an hour too long. Fucking knock about Kung Fu, constant jump cuts etc. can GTF in my book.

It reminded me of Guardians of the Galaxy in a way, but that film was out and out dumb/chewing gum for the eyes and had no pretence to anything deeper.

My GF said it was a film for people who’ve never done a pill or anything :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but she liked it overall.

1/10 would not bang again. I think the ‘multiverse’ must consist of positive review bots by and large :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have heard two sets of opinions about this film, yours and his
at least there are some!

3 Likes