What are you watching?

I always found it funny that Brian Cox and Carl Cox both think they discovered Space… They aren’t even related…

15 Likes

Brian Cox was great in Succession. He’s quite versatile.

7 Likes

I’m sort of enjoying Feud on Disney, about the rivalry between Joan Crawford and Bette Davis on Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, with Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon. You can’t miss the subtext: two ageing Hollywood stars playing two ageing Hollywood stars playing two ageing Hollywood stars. Bit slow (too many episodes?) but great cast, performances, sets & costumes and the viciousness of the (male-dominated) system really comes through.

2 Likes

We watched the first two of the new series of Inside No. 9 as people seemed to be saying it was back on form . Meh, nah… not for me it wasn’t. Like a really budget Black Mirror :grimacing:

1 Like

gonna go for this tonight - love Kevin Macdonald’s documentaries and the press looks good…

1 Like

This starts this week. Looks like a hoot. Post Marvel Robert Downey Jr continuing to look unrecognisable

2 Likes

Al Mackenzie, I think?

Golden Lion Todmorden was on Escape to the Country earlier. Strange seeing AW, Justin Robertson and others being namechecked in that context

3 Likes

Three Body Problem is pretty mental. Been holding off watching it for ages but now pretty sucked in. A bit like Devs but not quite as good. Let’s see how it goes……

2 Likes

Just finished all 6 seasons of the Sopranos. The day I finished I saw this come up on my social feed…

8 Likes

That is a funny synchronicity.

You’ll be glad(?) to know that its fake, though. No such series exists (yet). Never say never. If it’s bankable, it’s always a possibility with anything now.

Ah - I thought the poster was a terrible design/photoshop, but a big part of me wanted it t o be true.

1 Like

So … Tony … dead or alive?

Used to love that Sasha mix!

Finally got round to watching the Bob Marley film on Saturday night and was shocked at how bad it was. Really clunky acting and dialogue throughout. One scotch bonnet out of five.

4 Likes

For years and years I was adamant he was alive, for the simple reason of the way that final scene played out was filled with deliberate mis-direction to make you think he was about to get whacked and Sopranos was never that heavy handed. So for me that was reason enough to beleive he lived through that scene at least. But recently I’ve been more open to the fact that he died. That’s the beauty of it though, the deliberate ambiguity of the ending leading to endless debate. The answer is we dont really know either way because thats how David Chase wanted it and no amount of debate can prove it. Magnificent really.

1 Like

Are you saying Tony dies?!?! I’ve got 4 episodes to go till I’ve finished it!

3 Likes

Started this yesterday, five cornettos out of five.

Rob and Rylan’s Grand Tour (iPlayer)

3 Likes

Spring Watch for me. :smiley:

Packham & Michaela on the Dorset coast just down the road. :chipmunk: :hedgehog: :fox_face: :eagle: :owl: :bug: :spider: :lady_beetle:

5 Likes

Now streaming on Disney +

6 Likes