What are you watching?

Fair point well made. He does get better with each episode and becomes less “extra” as it goes on and maybe that’s the point, which is also quite obvious now I think about it. The cultural insight is really good

1 Like

I see what you did there :laughing:

Is the Locomia film out on UK netflix? My guess is it will be dire as nearly all Ibiza films invariably are

2 Likes

No. Spanish release is 19th April, which i assume will be first.

1 Like

Not enjoying the CGI, looks cheap.

1 Like

I’m going to start this one about the new wave band on the iPlayer. Has a great review in the paper but let’s see.

2 Likes

2 episodes into This Town - enjoying it so far. Nothing trailblazing, but has a great soundtrack and some solid characters.

edit* - Just realised that’s what @Apiento is referring to above. Saw there was a fking Guardian review rubishing it - saw that as a sign that it’s probably a good show.

3 Likes

Couple of episodes into this. Recommended for fans of Barbarian Days from the What You Reading thread, it’s focussed on the crazy waves of Nazare in Portugal, one of the more memorable moments in the book.

10 Likes

100 Foot Wave is so good. There’s a great surf thread somewhere that is well zen…

1 Like

Such a great book, will check out.

Watched a couple of episodes of ‘This Town’ last night and was impressed by it. A mate recommended it to me and it sounded incredibly annoying, but I thought I’d give it a go and was really pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

We finished this last night. For me its the best thing I’ve watched in ages - proper sci-fi thriller with no aliens, just science. We couldn’t watch more than one at a time as you really had to take time to work out each episodde.

2 Likes

I watched Emily the Criminal yesterday on Netflix. Aubrey Plaza was OK, slightly above average standard thriller fare, shit ending. 6/10

2 Likes

Watched the whole season of ‘This Town’ over the weekend, really enjoyed it - :+1:much better than expected

Saw the first episode last night. Wow The bit where the irish jetski goes over the falls …ooofff !!.

Looking forward to the rest of the series

1 Like

Just binged The Bear seasons 1 and 2. Thought it was good, but didn’t get the hype for the first season. Got into the second season a bit more as the characters and plots filled out.
Still prefer Boiling Point (the film and the TV spin of) I think.

BBC’s A Life In 10 Pictures. Really enjoyable format for delivering life stories

Ripley, on Netflix

Black and White psychodrama with Andrew Scott as Tom Ripley

All kinds of cool…

8 Likes

Just started this. I’m into it. Nice to see Andrew Scott being a bit less Andrew Scott too.

2 Likes

I’m two in and loving it!

Very noirish with the b&w.

1 Like