What are you watching?

One of the best I’ve seen in years

2 Likes

Nor did I :confused:

2 Likes

Not me lol :joy:

1 Like

Finished this last night, quite entertaining at times some good cameos, still struggle a bit with the dialogue in those Richie things though.

1 Like

3 body problem netflix version is out for the sci fi lovers. It’s definitely a “lite”/cliff notes version of the book that can feel a little rushed but I think it’s still pretty enjoyable. Production values are great and the cast doesn’t stand out as good or bad so far. Worth a watch whether you’ve read the book or not.

7 Likes

Great viewings tonight. I’m going to bed now.

3 Likes

All Of Us Strangers is now on Disney+ for anyone like me that missed the theatrical release.

Wow, what an incredible film. Still reeling and processing it. Someone said on here it might be the best British film of the last 15 years, and its hard to disagree with that. Hard to talk about really without revealing its plot. I think it shares the same space as Aftersun in that it has a certain etheral and hallucinatory quality to it with its emphasis on the past and lost time with loved ones. Particularly resonating for anyone that grew up in the 1980s too. Just stunning. See it as soon as you can

15 Likes

Things you should have done on Iplayer. Not to everyone’s taste, but very silly and enjoyable to me!

1 Like

Really enjoyed this… and when you think it’s really about grief it doesn’t seem so crazy.

1 Like

Indeed! She’s great too

It was me who said best British film since Sexy Beast (for me anyway). Worth a second watch as you’ll pick up on different things.

1 Like

Watched this last night. Stunningly good.
Not quite the tear-jerker i was expecting (possibly because my folks are still here), but very moving nonetheless.

Acting is just incredible.

2 Likes
6 Likes

The Northern Lights, hopefully :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Road House (Prime)
Remake of the 1989 original. Mindless fun elevated by Jake Gyllenhaal and a good script. Worth a watch.

3 Likes

I watched this as a big fan of the camp-fest that was the original. It was indeed mindless fun and Jake did his best but it just shone a light on how great and cheesy Swayze was in the OG and, much like the Point Break remake, seemed like another pointless cash grab.

Also I really hope that the remake marks the beginning and the end of Conor McGregor’s acting career. Laughably bad. Almost worth watching for that alone, just for the LOLs.

Id recommend spending time watching this amazing analysis of the original instead:

7 Likes

Did anyone watch Blue Lights on iPlayer? Cop show set in Belfast. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to S2 coming soon.

I don’t know Belfast so not sure how accurate a portrayal of the city it is, but characters and script are decent and plot builds up well to a finale.

2 Likes

Woke up.very early this morning and stumbled across this.

6 Likes

Started Shogun looks good but the English fella is really overacting. Hope my annoyance wears off.

3 Likes

I’ve got absolutely no time for the bloke, but I thought he was sort of brilliant in a completely unhinged, untrained way in the film.

2 Likes