What are you listening to now, I mean right now in this moment?

DJane Austen by SᑕᕼLEIᑕᕼEᑎᕲ on #SoundCloud

What a show. Just absolutely ridiculous. I wonder if thats as good as it gets when it comes to large-scale live shows. It’s an artist at his peak, a show that’s madly thought out and choreographed but still got some freedom and just ridiculous music from start to finish. So good.

1 Like

thanks for the info - it worked

Killer ECMish ambo jazz wazz

3 Likes

Favourite mix from the last few weeks. Nothing much you haven’t heard before (Letta Mbulu, Luca Carboni, Demis Roussous, Chris Rea and that) but put together really nicely, all in the correct sequence. By a dude called Sould Out, from Mexico but doing a bit of selecting in Bali. Very much worth a spin.

1 Like

Listening to this for the first time in about 20 years. Still sounds amazing even on my shitty phone speaker. Really had forgotten how breathtakingly good this is…

6 Likes

I remember thinking how otherworldly this album was the first time I heard it. Love the two Balil tracks Merck and 3/4 Heart.

I need to dig it out along with Spanners.

1 Like

Yeah I think Merk is the high point of the album for me… so much drama and so much swing

1 Like

Some how missed this when it came out…

Think there’s a new slower edit out now.

Lia Mice - The Sampler As A Time Machine

Feeling: caffeinated

Tom Robinson Band - Martin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTMKdD8qFY

happy

1 Like

:champagne: :champagne:

Feeling…ready

I’ve watched it a few times now and every time my mind is blown.
Agree, I think it’s the best it gets. The choreography is so tight, appearing to be spontaneous. Everyone at their peak bouncing off each other. Effortlessly flowing between songs, various tempos and each time starting on the one, is ridiculous.
For such a large scale performance to feel so intimate… god knows what it must of felt like to have actually been there. I love his little side looks and gestures to the audience.
I often think that Prince was from another world… a purple one.

2 Likes

Shoveling snow, preparing to accompany elders to vaccination, temporarily serene.

I had the privilege of working during my formative years at a club where Prince would often give private after-shows when he was done with his arena performance for the night. I’ve seen literally thousands of performances and the only other artists that even came close IMO were the JB’s, Meters, and Booker T and the MG’s. Two hours of prince playing sly covers with Larry Graham and Chaka Khan is as close to heaven as I’m ever going to get.

13 Likes

Always a pleasure to hear
Frida Darko - Traumcast #18 by Rebellion der Träumer on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

a little home schooling for the kids… down the rabbit hole we go!

3 Likes

I’m a bit late to this (it originally streamed in 2018), but this NTS series featuring seven hours of Haruki Murukami’s favourite music is really good.

1 Like