Tribal & Twisted Records

1 Like

When Junior was rulinā€¦still love this tbh

https://youtu.be/qSYQAsD1ScQ

And this one, swings like a barn door in a gale

Deeper than the average Tribal

1 Like

Shame really. They made some of my favourite house at that time.

1 Like

Big room tribal sound - check, haunting spoken vocal - check, Danny Tenaglia caned it - check. Possibly the end of an era for me, canā€™t remember buying another Twisted record after this

I was a regular at Cream 94-96ish and Tribal was basically the sound. When they dropped this at about 11pm and notched the volume up, covered the gaff in smoke and you came up off your White Dove you knew it was on

7 Likes

Was about to post this with a similar memory :grinning:

https://youtu.be/7kP_t2X9wkg

2 Likes

Yeah pure :fire::fire: around that period
Pity really ā€¦

2 Likes

So many absolute bangers on Tribal but for me Cassa de X and The Horn Ride the pick of the bunch.

Sad how Deep Dish and Brian T went utter bobbins after knocking out such killer tracks for Tribal.

This is an absolute belter that I go back to time and time again.

1 Like

Baffles me how you can go from Chocolate City to that rubbish. Money talks I guess.

1 Like
1 Like

Iā€™ve been having a look at the Tribal records I still have, unfortunately a load of my records were nicked in the 90ā€™s so I donā€™t have them all now and I found an odd one. Tribal US presents a Limbo Records sampler. Does/did anyone else have this oddity?

Ha, I hadnā€™t seen this thread, but posted this this morning on FB. Just randomly popped into my head at 0430 this morning.

2 Likes

The mix Cd was posted by someone earlier but this 2x12 comp was brilliant. Loved Tribal/early Deep Dish/Chocolate City vibes.

The Carl Craig remix on this is still a top top tune.

3 Likes

Great comp.
My own copy is fairly battered and bruised at this stage

A little gem
Has completely forgotten about this
Thx for posting

1 Like
1 Like

It was sasha and Digweeds Twilo residency back in the late 90s that changed their sound,. They were regularly there and I think might have been warm up on few occasionsā€¦ They went down hill from there and probably played more gigs $$$$$

1 Like

The last great track they doneā€¦

1 Like

Frankie Foncett on production duties