TP Forum Meet Up

Hi folks

I wondered if there might be any interest in a forum meet up at some point next year. Potentially even some sort of event / party so that we could spin a few records too. I could probably facilitate something in Leeds, though appreciate logistically that might not work for everyone. Maybe a North and South event could work?

Any and all thoughts welcolme :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Good call Joe :slightly_smiling_face: We did something similar years ago on Gilles P’s forum. Worked quite well. Canal 125 in KX was a popular one. Pros and amateurs alike given equal slots 30-45min each, using forum monikers. Always a good social too. There was also one at a bar in Leeds round corner from basics? In an alley maybe? began with an M i think. Had an upstairs. Some of us came up for the night (around 2008/09?) Musicwise was incredibly eclectic which added to the fun. Remember us when you’re famous Floating Points!

5 Likes

@Hierbas Fun Your Ear?! Only made one but it was good fun.

@Joe this sounds like a great idea.

1 Like

Great idea Joe, and something I’ve been thinking about as well. If there is anything i could do to help organise something up north, I’d be more than happy to get involved. I know there would be a group of us from Wigan who would defo come along.

4 Likes

That sounds like like Mojo Bar. But yeah thats the kind of vibe I had in mind

A bank holiday Sunday might be good. Although venue’s would be a lot harded to sort out but worth looking into

1 Like

Good shout Joe, although I’d probably need to wear name badge and/or pink carnation if I came as I’d be on me todd and don’t really know anyone! :rofl: :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Same boat here CovKid. Brilliant idea though, I’m up for it.

2 Likes

Nice one…cool. Well you know what I mean!!!

3 Likes

Well that’s the idea, to put names to faces :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man turned back at train station because he smells to damn good.

5 Likes

I guess I might not need a name badge after all :rofl:.

3 Likes

Scratch and sniff

2 Likes

Ha ha I’ve had worse greetings :smiley:.

2 Likes

One of those times I regret not living across the pond… would be with you all in spirit :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This would be great, I like the idea of an all day thing where everyone who wants to get involved can have a set, even if it’s a quick half an hour. Would be nice to to put some faces to (user)names.

3 Likes

same!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m in. Would be good to put faces to names

1 Like

If I can make it work, count me in.

1 Like

Up for sorting a Berlin edition if there are any others who want to get involved.

2 Likes

Gonna start putting on parties at our farm next year- all day family vibe, organic food, nice bar, excellent music (obvs!) and camping in the summer - more details soon! All forum heads welcome of course- if you fancy coming down to Devon

12 Likes