The Information – Documenting Dance Music History

Post up your dance history moments here. Articles, videos, interviews, features, photographs, mixes… anything that documents our precious history. Any genre, any vibe.

2 Likes

@Apiento Yes!

1 Like

Larry in fine form. Mixing up two copies, rinsing the dubs and PLAYING records.

1 Like

Shoutout to the good @Doctorbrowncelray. Sorely missed.

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://hedonism1988.co.uk/history/

3 Likes

I was just coming over to post this

5 part documentary on the Paradise Garage and then about 4 hours of the 2nd Birthday party with Sylvester, Loleatta Holloway and Larry starts at about 1:50

5 Likes
4 Likes

I return to this website a lot when I need a dose of pre Shoom and Spectrum love. A grimey Wembley back alley… who knew eh?

Alperton-Lane-e1497532742802

2 Likes

DM me if any of y’all would like a link.

2 Likes

Dang, top biz!

1 Like

It’s @Doctorbrowncelray that we have to thank for the Pine Walk Collection

200+ tapes from Fire Island and New York

9 Likes

I’m still yet to dip into this collection.

1 Like
1 Like

I think this one needs parking here. A new copy only uploaded 2 weeks ago and I think it’s the best quality I’ve seen

14 Likes

And this one of course

6 Likes

Hey guys! Happy new year! Hope everyone is beautiful. Dropping my contribution to this book [DO REMEMBER!](Limited-time deal: Do Remember!: The Golden Era of NYC Hip-Hop Mixtapes Amazon.com) because hip hop is dance music and this is my history and I wanted to share it with y’all and encourage everyone to buy the book which is incredible. Peace :v:t3:

20 Likes

Wow I’ve been working my way through them on and off for ages. I didn’t realise it was one of our friends @Doctorbrowncelray that was the source. This community is great :heart:

3 Likes

This is a good watch about Sir Henrys in Cork ,to us the best club in the world… when Greg says at the end he knew people from Waterford that came up and he’d know exactly where they would stand lol that was me and our crew…

4 Likes