The Dry Drinker Association

Ok so not exactly alcohol free, but at 2.5% its pretty low alcohol. I’ve really got into this stuff the past few months. Its really refreshing, theres also several different flavours - the Elderflower Lager top being my favourite.

6 Likes

I drank a couple of Corona Zero beers (it was a Mexican restaurant) and drove home last weekend. And the world didn’t end. An interesting development in my life.

Off the sauce etc since Houghton and feeling pretty good. Not sure it will last a post-summer night out with the gang tomorrow but let’s see.

6 Likes

NA Beers + Wonky choccy + Bit of a smoke = good times (and waking up fresh as a daisy)

6 Likes

Is that Mushroom chocolate by any chance?!

2 Likes

We have some mushroom chocolate here… I haven’t tried it yet. My Mrs loves it… The hash choc is made not far from where we live it’s really strong and there’s been a few incidents over the last few years of people being careless and leaving it at work in canteen fridge ect. :flushed:

2 Likes

One serious one in a bar someone working a weekend left 3 squares like a dairy milk in the little fridge next to coffee machine, guy working on Monday ate the lot and it take awhile to hit. Pub was quite and he was talking to a couple at a table and fell straight in on top of them completely fckd. Luckily they were the only people in the bar at the time and the guy who left it there came in soon after… We laughed when we heard about it but he could have easily gave the chocolate to a customer or even a kid…

Yeah, you can’t just leave it lying around. Last year in Ibiza, we had some Sprayote. Peyote extract (or more likely DMT) distilled into a nasal spray. That was fun at Pikes :rocket::rocket:

3 Likes

Friend of mine uses the term “Cali Sober” to describe this way of living. Is that an actual thing? No alcohol, powders or pills. But plenty of psychedelics and edibles.

6 Likes

It’s the way forward, man. Particularly with a lot of us battlehardened footsoldiers. One cannot simply keep tearing the arse out of it 35 years later.

8 Likes

Oil has brought a new energy into life. Tuesdays and Wednesdays no longer written off after a night out/weekend.

4 Likes

Im both interested and slightly terrified.

4 Likes

I’ve managed to quit the tabs after 30 years chuffing away.

It’s definitely reduced my appetite for alcohol too

8 Likes

Congratulations! My first foray into not drinking was when I quit the tabs about a decade ago. I needed to break that psychological link between having a beer and then wanting a fag, or vice versa.

4 Likes

Same here. 6 months in now off tobacco. I still get cravings, especially when I’ve had a beer so pretty much quit alcohol as well now, so I’m not tempted. Feeling much better for it as well. Did you use anything to help you quit smoking ?

5 Likes

Only have pills a couple of times a year now. Whether that’s me getting wiser or due to a dearth of parties I like is open to debate…

Giving up booze though would be a stretch, tho do have an inner stop button which means i never get pissed anymore

Shrooms are iffy for me, given it can get dark if the subconscious is negative. Need to be in totally right headspace

2 Likes

Two months smoke free for me. I was smoking spliffs every day as well as fags.

Just went cold turkey. Wasn’t even planning to quit, but I was on holiday with my son and I would never smoke in front of him. No opportunities to sneak off for a crafty one so had no choice but to knock it on the head.

Really glad I did though.

I do still get cravings, but they pass pretty quickly. Had the occasional bong for a bit, but I’ve started couch to 5k and that’s made me value my lungs a lot more, so I’ve stopped the weed too now.

8 Likes

As someone that quit smoking a while back I fully support all of you nailing it. I was at the back door at 7:30 having a fag and my then gf wasn’t that happy about that really. Wouldn’t ever go back now. Too into my lungs.

I did on the other hand start drinking again and after five years sober have to say the hangover when I stopped lasted about four days and wasn’t super enjoyable tbh. The drinking was fun though. Not sure if I’ll carry on having the occasional drink but it just feels so nice when I don’t drink that I sort of answer my own question when I think about next steps…

9 Likes

The thought of a 4-hangover is more than enough to keep me sober :rofl:

3 Likes

I never smoked cigs of spliffs, do like a beer most days after work but one or two will do me and I haven’t been stupid drunk since I was a teenager… Out dancing a cheeky dab or half is enough these days and I love late afternoon to midnight gigs for us old timers…

5 Likes

Well done buddy, hopefully you’re over the worst now. Stay strong man :facepunch:

2 Likes