The Balearic Aesthetic

There’s lots of good E around nowadays. Apparently.

2 Likes

DiY were connected with a soundsystem in Dallas who came over to Nottingham to play a couple of times. They were veterans of the legal scene there.

1 Like

I miss going out and getting on one.

2 Likes

Not a clue, maybe more to do with the relative lawless society and Military Junta needing £££, who knows.

There was a huge bust in Burma years ago, millions of E found…

I remember that. Epic read!

Max Daly and Mike Power - the authorities on these matters - have alluded to that cult connection too. IIRC one of them wrote an article on all this after the netflix series.

There was meant to be a starck club documentary years ago but I do t think it ever surfaced. I’ve posted stuff about it before on test pressing I am sure.

Alfredo was Osho. He told me once. Whether he misheard the question is another story heh.

5 Likes

I think you’re right on that. It’s certainly the case in China where shitloads of precursors and products are made and sent round the world. The Mexican cartels get a lot of their stuff from China so we’re talking vast amounts. There’s no chance on earth that that’s happening without government knowledge.

The only question is if they just turn a blind eye, or are actively involved.

2 Likes

Such a shame :laughing:

1 Like

I have the documentary, I ripped it for a friend somewhat recently. Will dig up the link.

4 Likes

I’m always drawn to articles that give a flavour of the old Ibiza. Not much of it left now of course but driving in the north, esp around Sant Carles and Sant Joan you sometimes still get a glimpse of what was. Joanna Hruby’s blogs cover a world that none of the tourist/clubbing guides even know about.

4 Likes

Here’s a rip of the Starck Club doc for anyone who might be interested

12 Likes

Tremendous! Thanks for this

1 Like