Test Pressing OAP Sk8 Crew

A new skatepark being built 5 mins from our house, a mate got his first complete set up in 25yrs ready to RIP :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Nice!! What size wheels you riding?

2 Likes

Lol that’s what I said to him ,it’s just the angle of the picture. They are spitfire 54mm.
I got these Natas Ojs 59mm, didn’t give them a try yet…

2 Likes

Got to be a 7.75 that looks tiny!

I was on 58mm formula fours for about 18 months, proper fun once I got used to them. Had to relearn crooks as I couldn’t lock in at first :rofl: back on 54s now though

1 Like

It’s 8.25 and these really light Indy trucks. Nice set up… he was really really good, went on a blueprint and Nike UK tour with Colin Kennedy and those guys but was Smoking way too much .Moved to Australia and lost the plot… .Clean and sober now good few years so he will probably be back ripping in a few months… I on the other hand have a 10.5 reissue Jason lee ever slick that’s great fun and another slightly smaller Dune stereo reissue, will probably get something similar to that Tom Penny setup but 8.85 , nothing smaller…

3 Likes

Ohh can you name drop?? Was a massive blueprint fan back in the day

2 Likes

Talking of Australia skating and getting on it have any of you watched the docu film All this Mayhem?

Incredible film those brothers were nuts. I might have to watch it again as it was a while ago.

3 Likes

Yeh what a wild pair! So much talent. They didn’t have much good to say about Tony hawk

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware of these SK8 TV episodes that Nickelodeon ran in the early 90s, but great to see Rudy, Gabriel and Guy being interviewed.

3 Likes

It’s a pretty solid documentary on repeat watches. Dark but also quite joyous.

2 Likes

This is good.

1 Like

As found on SkatePunk

Santa Cruz’s Chet Thomas in an 80s ad for the golden arches.

2 Likes
2 Likes

One of the most original skaters ever… Love watching his stuff… There’s a really good interview with him from a few years ago showing where he grew up and talking to his family…

1 Like
4 Likes

One of the comments says Salba will do anything to avoid a 9 - 5 job…

4 Likes

No one does it like Anti Hero. Great line from BA. Frank still getting it. Proper.

5 Likes

Proper good, glad I gave it the big telly treatment last night!

3 Likes
1 Like