Apiento
September 24, 2024, 5:22pm
328
Yeah Toby Tobias was great…
In TP news there’s loads of new reviews up…
Tony Poland on 12th Isle’s new one…
Glasgow label 12th Isle, renowned explorers of the outer sonic reaches, returns with a new six track V/A 12” that acts as a nice barometer of their current tastes. All wrapped up in lovely surrealist sleeve design from Al White. As with their...
Paul East gets stuck into the new Luke Una comp…
Let’s face it, Luke Una knows his way around a compilation. 20+ years on from the classic Basement Soul and essential Saturday Night Sunday Morning (under the Unabombers guise in collaboration with Justin Crawford), he’s still putting out his musical...
An interview with Chris Stoker from Magic Castles / ACMH
Tony Poland gets stuck into the new Thinner Groove…
And we’ve got a new writer in the great Marion Hawkes from Sound Advice in Belfast…
11 Likes
I’m personally here for the variation in spelling.
Second only rythm is rithym etc
Edit- you’ve just deleted the sauce😂
elzorro
September 24, 2024, 8:31pm
331
It felt too pedantic!
If they want to sell vinly, let them sell vinly.
It could catch on.
2 Likes
Not pedantic at all- a recurring sauce of amusement here😄
1 Like
Casual
September 24, 2024, 8:37pm
333
I see what you did there.
1 Like
Apiento
September 25, 2024, 7:44am
334
Is there typos somewhere? Let me know : D
Not wanting to be a pedant but it actually says they buy Vinly. They must have an in house conversion process as they sell Vinyl.
Oh and it says Marion Hawkes is a “record collection”. Viva le pedentry.
Apiento
September 25, 2024, 8:41am
336
Ah ok. I’ll let her know… Thanks for the heads up!!
Casual
September 25, 2024, 6:30pm
337
Seen in the wild today in Connecticut.
9 Likes
Apiento
September 26, 2024, 9:06am
338
Aces. That shop looks fun.
Casual
September 26, 2024, 5:51pm
339
It really is. A must stop on any New York/Southern Connecticut jaunt. In a warehouse off the highway as well for some added charm.
2 Likes
elzorro
October 1, 2024, 4:22pm
341
I love everything about this. So nice.
1 Like
Apiento
October 10, 2024, 3:33pm
342
A round up of recent and forthcoming bits I should have reviewed properly but didn’t get round to… Lots of good in here…
And I know I sort of reviewed them here but you know what I mean…
15 Likes
currently obsessed with “On & On” as well
1 Like
Apiento
October 11, 2024, 3:30pm
345
Our new comp with Palms Trax is out today >
15 Likes
Apiento
October 14, 2024, 9:37pm
346
º Space º – a new series of playlists to work to… First up LEXX.
32 Likes
Lovely stuff - got it on while I am prepping for my lectures this afternoon - keep 'em coming!
3 Likes
Apiento
October 22, 2024, 8:24pm
348
A new show is up on NTS. Definitely a few tracks came through here so thanks for those. The Orlando Voorn is so nice.
Playing Balearic House, Deep House, Dub Techno, Leftfield House. Apiento, a.k.a Paul Byrne runs the invaluable Test Pressing blog and releases music on World Building, World Unknown and more. His show has that esoteric techno thing and whatever suits...
14 Likes