Short film about Chicago and Daft Punk's roots

Thought this might be of interest to folks on here - lots of archive Chicago footage from the mid-90s with a ghetto house soundtrack.

14 Likes

I was 12 years old when this record came out, and it completely changed my life. I can’t believe how FRESH it still sounds.

Still sounds amazing alright. Unique energy.

Great little film that, very nicely put together. 25 years blimey

That’s some life affirming good times right there. Excellent stuff

1 Like

How’d I miss this!?

Yet another wonderful reminder of how much we owe to black culture. That was visually and sonically one of the most uplifting 10 minutes I’ve experienced sat on my sofa for sometime.

@Boognotic Thanks for posting and @CobblerBob thanks for the reminder.

Delighted that people enjoyed it! A real labour of love putting it together but I think it turned out pretty good in the end

5 Likes

If that’s your work, capped doffed.

Thanks for the kind words. It ended up getting a great reception from lots of the artists like Deeon, Slugo and ended up going viral in Chicago thanks to Honey Dijon who posted about it on her IG. Lots of the dancers in the videos showed up on Facebook posts about it.

So definitely worth the work!

7 Likes

Found out earlier this week that the film is part of the curriculum for King Britt’s ‘Blacktronika’ course in University of California!

4 Likes

Congratulations :raised_hands:

1 Like

Cheers mate. Really happy that it found pretty much its perfect home. Don’t know if you’ve read about the course but it sounds incredible. Guest appearances from Herbie Hancock, Questlove, Flying Lotus, Theo Parrish etc. - has to be the greatest university course of all time!!

1 Like

I haven’t heard of it but will have a google, sounds great

1 Like

Blacktronika Instagram has lots of interview snippets.

1 Like