Seville Recommendations

My daughter and her b/f are going there for a few days mid-July (they’re both 26). Never been so nothing to offer them, so any tips on clubs, bars, restaurants, music spaces, places of interest, poolside spaces as it’s not on the coast, do’s or don’ts will be gratefully passed on to them. Cheers…

1 Like

Be prepared for it to be bloody boiling. All the locals leave for the coast Jul-Aug.

We did a little road trip there from our place in southern Spain a few years back in Aug. Was 45⁰C every day. Stiflingly hot. We found a great craft beer place called Hops & Dreams if that’s their thing.

2 Likes

I thought that too when we heard they were going (that it’ll be bloody hot) but my daughter’s birthday is the 15th and it’s a present from her boyfriend. Hop & Dreams almost certainly is their thing. Thanks for the tip, Chris. Ta

1 Like

yeh, it’s going to be really hot. I went in august and it was difficult (I can barely cope with 28c :slight_smile:

things I remember doing
-walk around the palace gardens. good place to get some photos
-el Rinconcillo (one of the oldest tapas bars, featured on one rick steins series, busy but full of locals and good atmosphere)
-boat tour along the river

2 Likes

lot of good stuff reccomended so far, but try and add these…

• the art gallery DeLimbo
  • Walk along the Metropol Parasol
  • Casa Morales for a drink
  • conTenedor restaurante for dinner
  • El Garlochi for OTT Catholic camp drinking spot

hope they have fun

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions, there’s plenty in there to keep them going! I looked up quite a few of them. Look fantastic, wish I was going…

1 Like

I’m going to be there next weekend. Can’t say I’m looking forward to the heat very much!
Are there any record shops worth checking?

I don’t recall seeing any but there might be. I’d be concerned that my records would melt :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This guy posted on discogs an article he wrote re Spanish record stores, including a few in Seville (if they’re still there of course)…

1 Like

I always check Bourdains Parts Unknown when on city breaks

2 Likes