Selling record collections

I run a shop and we’re always on the lookout for decent collections and fair and transparent. We’re based in GLoucestershire but will consider collections anywhere in the UK - drop me a message if you want to talk further…

1 Like

That’s what my brother does I think, he basically tags everything that’s yours and you get money or a credit when it sells

As you’ll obviously know most dealers will give you nowhere near the actual value of the collection when you sell it so I’d recommend pulling out any high value items and just selling those on Discogs or an online set sale, it really will be worth it.

I have around 1200+ records i’d like to get shot of quickly. Mainly funk, big beat, d+b, techno, house. Anyone know of someone in the South west who’d come and pick them up and take them away for a fair price? Not expecting a fortune…

my brother in Hastings but known to travel http://www.japhy.co.uk

1 Like

I’ve decided to move in with my parents in the new year to help look after my old man and will be offloading another 300-500 records that are currently in storage.
Already given my sons a good chunk of stuff. The 300-500 is mainly 12” dance stuff/edits from when I was still playing out and buying regularly. Nothing really of much value tbh.

We are always looking to buy collections of vinyl and CDs here at Nightfly Records. I am based in North Wales now after closing our shop in Uxbridge in 2019 but willing to travel.

a local dj/dealer i know contacted me, came round after work yesterday evening, transferred the cash and took it all away. easy peasey.

1 Like

Been meaning to come back to this thread for ages. Thanks everyone for the advice . I went with Tony at 586 records in Gateshead. I highly reccomend him to anyone selling a vinyl collection. He’s as passionate about the music as anyone I’ve met and it’s hassle free. His mate came to my house to collect everything then he sells them in his shop / discogs and we split the proceeds. Couldn’t believe how much some of them sold for. Every now and then i drop Tony a whatsapp to check my total which he tracks on a spreadsheet and he transfers the balance straight away

It’s also much more fun watching the vinyl appear on his insta / shop wall one by one and getting a load of comments than just handing the collection over to someone and never hearing about them again. Bit emotional saying goodbye to the colkection but i was happy they went to a good home. Even went out for a few beers with him when he was down my way …so there you go - top bloke and i am very happy with the returns i’m getting

17 Likes

Tony is indeed a top lad.

2 Likes

thanks for the kind words and for putting your collection and trust in me. been quite the ride, hasn’t it!.

7 Likes

Proper DJ as well.

2 Likes

It has indeed ! I knew i was on to a good thing when the first sale was parachutes for 90 dabs :grin:

1 Like

For anyone in the Sheffield environs…my mate Josh at August Music buys collections and is a total gent…he always flying around the country too so would probably pop in to wherever you are to see your collection. Don’t get tempted by all the Japanese stuff he gets in though or you’re done for! :grin: