Scotland - Places & Spaces

I hasten to add we are other places too…

Near my old gaff :smile:

There’s really not a lot going on in Falkirk. There’s the Falkirk Wheel which connects the Forth & Clyde and Union canals. The Ochils are nearby and good for some serious walking - used to go up Dumyat often.

Falkirk is a commuter town being only 30 minutes from both Glasgow and Edinburgh by train, so there’s not much in the way of good places to eat/drink, shops, etc. Best place for food imo is The Shore

There’s a second hand record shop in nearby Stirling where you can find some decent bits now and again (there’s an outbuilding at the back of the shop that houses most of the records).

2 Likes

Thanks so much

1 Like

The Kelpies in Falkirk is worth a look. We spent a lovely Spring morning there earlier this year

2 Likes

Stirling Castle isn’t far, maybe 30mins drive from Falkirk at the most. It’s worth a visit

1 Like

Well we’ve had a lovely time. Some gorgeous small islands - Iona, Mull, Arran and luing (so little there it wasn’t even in the sizeable Scotland guide). The scenery is just totally mind blowing. Gaelic fm soundtracking alongside some other lovely things… Went to the Kelpies. They were pretty great.

12 Likes

Pic #4 :grinning:

Great photos, glad you had a great time. Scotland is pretty great, although I might be a bit biased :smiley::scotland:

2 Likes

The scenery has properly blown me away.

4 Likes

Looks amazing. I’m ashamed to say that, despite having lived and travelled all across the globe, I’ve never been to Scotland! Really must rectify that in the near future.

3 Likes

if you want to do Scotland properly, get swedgered up at the Subbie before catching a Megabus to Dundee. It’s character-building.

10 Likes

Wise words indeed :fist:

It’s incredible isn’t it. I’ll never forget the first time I drove through Glencoe on the way back from Oban. Every single turn of the road and apex of a hill is just jaw dropping.

17 years up here for me now, wouldn’t move back to England.

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed your trip!

1 Like

Exactly that. You just pinch each other the whole way…

2 Likes

We’re up fairly often as Mrs CovKid from Scotland, just had a week in the Cairngorms and I’m sort of feeling the pull this time I must admit. Lived in Glasgow and the Borders previously but now back South. Where are you?

2 Likes

Back down in civilisation (Edinburgh) for a couple of weeks before heading back and hunkering down for a dark, cold northern winter.

50% wholesome family business and 50% debauchery.

1 Like

My in-laws live in Ballater and we drive up there quite often, it’s only 90mins away from here in Dundee but the drive up over Cairn o’ Mount is great and coming home via Glenshee a nice alternative. We’re very lucky up here :scotland: