RIP Claudio Coccoluto

What a fucking awful week this is turning out to be.

RIP Claudio x

5 Likes

Fckn hell… No way. :confused:

1 Like

what?! no way. such sad news

1 Like

Saw a picture of him on Don Carlos’s Insta this morning and didn’t twig, very sad. Some great nights when Danny used to bring him over… rip

3 Likes

all the djs that I want to book for my events dying one by one. :cry:

3 Likes

What?! very sad news.

Claudio Coccoluto grazie for the music and the amazing nights “Made in Italy” circa 1998/99 at Pacha - Ibiza. Never saw such intense, good looking and well dressed crowd in the main room, every Monday night! And the music was that unique gentle percussive groove, all night long…till morning. The Ibiza hot nights, the perfume in the air, the people, the music… all senses in!! Definitely was the last seasons of that proper Italian vibe and Pacha main room and that International melting pot crowd.

5 Likes

FUCK

Some favorites here;

One of the best dj’s period full stop.

2 Likes

https://www.mixcloud.com/oldmanyellsatcloud/claudio-coccoluto-live-at-the-hacienda-1994/

I hope this works I’m bad at uploading things.

2 Likes

:cry:

Massive Body & Soul tune - when the break hits the place would explode.

3 Likes
3 Likes

from the prog era, the vocal sample hasn’t aged well but the music itself stands up amazingly

2 Likes

https://www.mixcloud.com/oldmanyellsatcloud/playlists/claudio-audio/

Been having some trouble with embeds hopefully this works.

More rotten new, an Italian legend. Here’s a couple of memories; his RBMA interview and his 1998 ‘Midsummer Nights’ mix Claudio Coccoluto (1962 – 2021) | The Nearest Faraway Place

3 Likes

Sad news RIP, will raise a glass to this tonight

1 Like

Posted this in the Italian house/garage thread too. Such an incredible track. Love how it mutates as it builds

1 Like

Totally…wicked tune. Put a big smile on my face despite the sad news.

Took me ages to find my copy yesterday, but digging through the old Italian House crates prepared me well for the thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like