Record shops you have known and loved

Vinyl Lab

1 Like

From the Late 70’s to early 90’s in Liverpool it was all about Probe Records , Penny Lane Records , Bluebird , 3 Beat (when in Quiggins) and bizarrely Kirkby Market where there was an ace stall for punk , post-punk , new wave 7"s

4 Likes

Best record store in cleveland, bent crayon records. John is the most knowledgeable person I’ve ever met and his taste in music and what he stocks is second to none. Easily the best record store in the US for experimental and dance music

If anyone has any old pictures of the place on detroit and west 116th, let me know.

6 Likes

Groove Records, Greek Street in 1988

5 Likes

Ordered from VU many times - that video makes me want to order more; them all dancing to JB is ace. All into it.

1 Like

It’s a top shop, there is no doubt. I’m due a trip back to Northampton at the end of March so will pop in even though I’m not buying vinyl any more and have a beer with Aidy down the Garibaldi

1 Like

i hope it’s not a harbinger - but pacific beach vinyl’s website seems to have gone tits-up: https://www.pbvinyl.com/

1 Like

They appear to have changed over to Shopify. New link: https://pbvinyl.myshopify.com

1 Like

wooo, good lookin’ out!

They used to have crazy good deals a couple of times a year when they would mark down a bunch of their overstock12"s to $3-$4. I remember buying 10-12 brand new 12"s for $50-60. I miss those days.

looks like it’s for real this time:

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: awful

1 Like

I still mourn the loss of my Flying Records t-shirt

3 Likes

Fergus was always massively rude to me, so much so, that on one occasion I laughed out loud. It didn’t stop me going in though.

Lovely fella Hugh. He came over to the UK on a mini tour and played with us in Birmingham. We kidnapped him and took him to DiY’s 25th party afterwards

2 Likes

Sad News, Idle hands in Bristol is closing, let’s hope he manages to move. Bristol record shop Idle Hands is closing – The Vinyl Factory

2 Likes

Shame. Lovely chap.

Sad indeed. Never gone there, but have bought records off the label. Hope they can weather the shit storm that is modern real estate

Having a clearout and found these. Oxford’s finest.

4 Likes