Record Shops Caught On Camera

Here Bjork goes to London’s ace Fat Cat.

9 Likes

love this clip. this guy’s descriptions are classic. so is dillinja’s ‘cover me’ remix :skull:

1 Like

the legendary dope jams in brooklyn visible in the first part of this clip;

(they added the “vinyl” neon sign for the commercial lol)

Sorry but it always reminds me of this clip:

1 Like

The clip in FU’s Weekender short film, directed by Wiz, who i got to work with on a project of his back in late in 80’s (ace fella) is a classic for me.
Shot in Quaff Records Berwick St, with Ashley Beedle in it, & with Dominic Moir the wrong side of the counter, of what they normally would be.
Also in that clip your notice as Dominic pointed only recently that Ashley’s got a ‘Catch a Goove’ jacket on…ha ha, could of plugged Quaff FFS :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

…can anyone upload that bit please? Im a bit of a Luddite.

1 Like

Here you go boss man. If you ever want to add one you just copy the url and paste it in. Job done.

https://youtu.be/LMa7iqPaKPk

2 Likes

Ah I used to love Fat Cat, around '94 I bought everything I could from Weatherall sets from there

1 Like

Thank you :raised_hands:

Record shop (Quaff) clip comes in at around 4.15min’s in :ok_hand:

1 Like

Dope Jams. I loved that store, so many hooky represses of desired records. A great store though. The sound system was insane !

The record shop that the cast of ‘It’s a Sin’ live above. I really want to go there.

Remember being at Dance Trax in NYC. And one of the guys behind the counter was just putting on track after track and everyone who were flicking through the vinyls were just nodding along and saying “I’ll have that” "Wtf is that ect… Great afternoon sitting on the couch just enjoying the connection with everybody there… Good times :confused:

Woosh records, Cardiff owned by my old mate Craig Bartlett

1 Like

Robs - Still going strong , used lockdown to sort out the stock

It’s Clampdown Records in Manchester city centre, near Piccadilly train station.
I’d not been in for years but called in the other week when I was passing, didn’t stay long, expensive.

2 Likes

Neil who owns it is lovely though.

1 Like

CJ Bolland cameo at the Stereophonics recordshop (no longer exists) in Antwerp.
From the cultish artsy Anyway The Wind Blows film, dvd only.

1 Like

i concur :smiling_face: he’s my sister’s fella and also put me down with his DJ crew, so after years of trying i finally have semi-regular DJ gigs in Manchester, which is nice.

1 Like