Photos of yourself with super-famous music people

I’ll start off - here’s me and Herb Alpert!!

10 Likes

And here’s that Jean-Michel Jarre guy

9 Likes

Me and my pal Nile

Context: Festival No6 in Wales, 2013. I’d blagged a photo pass and was backstage as he’d just finished his set with Chic. It was pissing down and he wanted to get off site sharpish but I collared him before he could dive into his transport and was super nice enough to pose for a snap. The camera was soaking after 3 wet days in a field.

11 Likes

With Wally Badarou. The don.

17 Likes

I think you are winning with that Wally shot, Paul - looks like you guys are in love

2 Likes

No photo unfortunately. No mobile phones at the time (showing my age).

I met Frankie Knuckles at the Astoria one night. We chatted for a bit, and he gave me a massive hug when I left the DJ booth / area. As I was leaving he said “this next track is for you!”. It was this:

A lovely bloke. I still get a sense of how nice he was listening to some of his classic tunes / remixes. “Mixed with love” indeed.

8 Likes

I also met Pam Ayres once too. Does that count?

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Peter Stringfellow’s dog lead got wrapped around my chair leg in a bar in marina botafoch. I didn’t get a photo as was too busy looking at his missus.

9 Likes

Small Claims Court! :joy:

3 Likes

The winner.

1 Like

Was he wearing his trademark (skidmarked??) budgie smugglers at the time? :face_vomiting:
Stringfellow not the dog btw

1 Like

My old band supported Babyshambles at Nottingham Rock City in December 2006. Pete was lovely. He took a shine to my vintage Rickenbacker guitar, took it off to go and speak to his manager to see if he could buy it (I was prepared to hear an offer to be fair!)

45 mins later and with us due on stage in about 20 mins, he still wasn’t back. I was thinking he’d sold it for crack! He then came backstage looking all forlorn and said his manager had told him he couldn’t have it. Brilliant night… capacity 3,000 people, ace reception. Played OK considering how much base speed we’d all consumed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

And a few Carlings, from the looks of it

2 Likes

I don’t generally ask for a photo but a chance meeting and a great chat led to this snap with the legendary Dennis Bovell.

16 Likes

Marshall Jefferson and myself at a diner

15 Likes

He’s the Don of House music imo :ok_hand:

1 Like

Lost my camera with David Hasselhoff selfie

2 Likes

Unforgiveable!

1 Like

I’m not one for getting myself snapped with celebs, but here’s my wife with the likely lads

21 Likes