Open AI - Anyone Playing With It?

This guy looks like AI made a person with the prompt being" Join Eddie Vedder with the guy that put on Woodstock".

This is probably my favourite collection of images that someone pulled out of Midjourney…really great and disturbing

More at the link… Reddit - Dive into anything

And the same member posted up annother set of images on a 1970s grindhouse horror vibe here… Reddit - Dive into anything

New York City Cult Convention (1981)

2 Likes

5 Likes

Well, it’s been nice hanging out with everyone here on Earth…

3 Likes

Must watch Terminator again. Pretty sure this is how the original movie started!

2 Likes

You have 20 seconds to comply

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/Yw9GNz-EYP8

6 Likes

Exactly what I thought earlier - I’m not sure if I’m more worried about the AI or that the military thinks using it to control flying killbots is a good idea. Hope John Connor invents that time portal thing soon!

2 Likes

He played at our local underage disco when we were little. Can’t tell you how big these records were in the suburbs : ) Running man ahoy…

And that AI thing with the drone sounds f*cking mental.

3 Likes

A classic of my teenage years along with ‘Bring Forth The Guillotine’.
I remember staying at my mate’s house after a school disco and wrecking his sister’s vinyl ‘Deep Heat’ compilation with this on with my amateur, pissed, attempt at scratching on his mother’s Hi Fi

4 Likes

It gets weirder…

1 Like

That is a proper banger love it :grin:

1 Like

6 Likes

the original track wasn’t all that imo and I guess this is PM in full nostalgia mode but it will satisfy the completists…

the more interesting thing here though is what it means for music more generally - isolating dead singer’s vocals or perhaps in some cases simulating them - what does it mean emotionally for listeners in terms of relating to the humanity, context, personality of song, because this could open the floodgates?

Maybe it’s over simplistic, but it feels like the ‘logical’ next step on from the ‘people who read this also liked’ situation. But instead of pointing you to more of the same, going on and actually creating content (as opposed to art) based on what you already like. It’s kind of already happening in some ways with endless reboots of old stuff and sequels, only the machines would be making the stuff instead of people…keep random alive!

1 Like

The first half of this is about Chat GPT, it’s really interesting. It works very differently to what I expected. Scary that it can do a good job of solving random problems you make up, example they use is how to stack a bunch of odd objects (a book, eggs, bottle, nail etc) on top of each other without them falling down.

1 Like
3 Likes

Was reading this and fully expect other nervous DJs to start talking up the human touch. Are they fighting the tide or how feasible it though really? How far are we off clubs or equivalent that simulate absolutely every sensory human experience from djing to pills?

1 Like

How long until we get AI-generated forum members?

Or are they already among us…? :eyes:

13 Likes