This one has all the right bits

8 Likes

Yes!!

1 Like

What a great expression !!

One of Beedle’s finest moments.

Epic.

2 Likes

Heard a few sets end with this over the years.

11 Likes

Used to , and have begun again to play this with transition into the hallucinogenic 7 at about 4.34. It really is a thing.

1 Like

Played last tune at Basics in 1993 on all three floors.

Was the night that Ralph Lawson and Dave Beer returned to the club after the terrible car accident - (very emotional night for all Basics regulars) - RiP Ali Cooke and Jocelyn Higgin :heart:

4 Likes

Ending on a high note:

3 Likes

Saw Hunee absolutely level a room with this. Plenty of DJs before his generation used it obviously but Hunee knows how to work that shit just right. Probably in my top 3 contemporary DJs

10 Likes

On a good system. For a propa hoedown to finish.

2 Likes
11 Likes

Get you ready for the week ahead…

This was our ‘first dance’ at our wedding. Quite possibly the most lyrically inappropriate choice ever :rofl:

5 Likes
6 Likes
1 Like

That Kenix/Bobby Youngblood is a favourite of mine to close off a set, incredible track.

1 Like

I went to WMC in Miami, I think 2011, and after a long weekend saw Harvey play a secret Sunday night closing party in a lounge bar in a ridiculously posh hotel. I’ve still got the entry card somewhere – Masonic style drawing of a naked woman dancing in a ring of fire in a stone circle. He was on fine form. Really nice end of weekend vibe, not too packed so loads of room to dance, nice group of punters and some top selections. Half four came around far too quickly but he rounded it off in fine style – stopping the music, shouting out “this is the best record ever in the whole wide world” and playing the full 10 minutes of L.O.V.E. by Demis Roussos before disappearing with a blast of Dambusters by the Geoff Love Orchestra. Ace.

11 Likes

I could see Harvey as a WW2 pilot…

1 Like

Idjuts favourite, always a good singalong

4 Likes