Music for Dreams. What music do you sleep to?

The majority of people probably wouldn’t entertain the idea of listening to anything to drift off to, however I feel it helps me get a decent nights kip the majority of the time. I only tend to listen to music on a mellow horizontal level when getting ready to hit the sack and predominantly it will be material I am very familiar with. Below are my 3 go to albums to dream to. What are yours?

Raul Lovisoni/ Francesco Messina - Prati Bagnati Del Monte Analogo (Pete Gooding brought me here. This is incredible Sci Fi ambient minimal perfection)

Kuniyuki Takahashi - Early Tape Works 1986-1993 Vol 2 (Music From Memory Label)

Paul Fitzgerald & Mark Flanagan - Quiet water (recently reissued on vinyl, this is an absolute beauty)

4 Likes

Tom Middleton has done a couple of albums for sleeping too. They’re both good.

4 Likes

Rominimal mixes or a spotify playlist i made of kalimbas and balafons tribal type ambient.

Occasionally a slow r&b mix if im on substances of some sort

1 Like

Jeff Bridges Sleeping Tapes is a great one for drifting off to. Isle of Jura included a track on their latest Comp.
The idea and charity behind the release is very worthy too. The dude certainly abides!

2 Likes

Sleep - Max Richter
An Empty Bliss Beyond this World - The Caretaker
The Pearl - Eno & Budd

1 Like

Heard this a few time via youtube. Knocks me right out every time

1 Like

Yeah he’s gone full on down the sleep route hasn’t he. I used to manage Tom. We smashed out the remixes : )

2 Likes

Multi Culti (awesome label) has a legit amazing sleep playlist on Spotify

2 Likes

wow…never knew that…he’s done so many good remixes over the years

Lately this one at a low volume :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That early tape works is next level genius.

1 Like

So good that record👍

My album of 2020. The love and attention Andrew pays to this label is outstanding.

1 Like

agreed, this was my #1 of last year

This is bliss. Up there with my favorites of last year for sure

Balsams by Chuck Johnson or Goodbye to Language by Daniel Lanois & Rocco DeLuca are ones I go back to. Lap steel seems to do the trick for me. Steve Roach and Harold Budd are good too. But sometimes I just listen to recordings of heavy rain fall.

2 Likes

My fave LP of last year.

Pastoral English countryside feels. Sparks me out everytime

3 Likes

Find it hard to fall asleep to music… But a bit of Huell and I’m off to noddy land

1 Like

The Doctor’s Sleep Banger Sureshot Top 10

1. “Day of Radiance” at -8 on the pitch control
  2. My one song playlist of Dolphy’s “God Bless The Child” (Berlin concert version) on repeat
  3. Caetano Veloso “Joia”
  4. “In A Silent Way”
  5. Craig Kupka “Clouds”
  6. Persian Surgery Dervishes at low volume.
  7. Harold Budd “Perhaps”
  8. That Jimmy Giuffre comp on ECM
  9. Thelonious “Alone In San Francisco”
  10. Sugai Ken “Quakefish”

Oh and a big bonus beat #11 is Nicola Ratti “Pressure Loss”

2 Likes