Modded or mid-price rotary mixers

That’s sad news. I’ve got one of their early Radius 4v + FX units > deadly combo. Love the layout of the mixer (this is coming from a Urei) and although the FX unit took a bit of getting used to as no auto synch, its an absolute beast once you get under the hood. Sounds a million miles from the over familiar Pioneer efx. I always thought they hit the perfect middle ground between offering quality audio mixers but without the crazy prices. Wish them all the best.

2 Likes

Have read that it might also be because Union Audio are now producing theor own mixers.

IMO there’s a saturated market with not enough difference between what’s out there and Ryan is probably getting out before he’s got stock piling up. I think it’s a smart move. Andy at Union Audio will probably keep making mixers though…

2 Likes

That’s what i took away from it as well. A shame and I hope it makes my R4 more valuable for resale, haha! P S does anyone else have scratchy ISO pots on theirs? Seems a common thing on the radius series?

Have never used/heard one so difficult to comment on pricing. Anyone in the peanut gallery here got thoughts on the matter?

Bit of a jump from the Elara to the other stuff.

Yeah mine are quite scratchy, however they don’t seem to do it as much though since I wiggled them about a lot (think I read that its from dust getting stuck there so might have displaced it).

Also get a lot of pops from turning the filter on/off on the FX unit too, happens less if I turn the resonance and distortion down.

A tin of this and the F5 version is well worth keeping handy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeoxIT-D5S-6-Contact-Cleaner-Integrated/dp/B0002BBV4G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=9Y9K35D5T9B5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.kdoBuDcY5mSw2OmSBvb9SD05CO7VDF0Mn49m57hWKutQSw66zEKiJrs1IOay4IsEaKBI11SENGA5GABKZdA39FdjkXDnIFSOkvIYg_HioPpF8j_QF_ZmGgYQYVDPSraoqBIOGik_cbUPS90nt00JlA.xMYRpRaQzUT9ToX7HK44HCE61wQnHvBsKpRsxixYQ7w&dib_tag=se&keywords=deoxit+d5&qid=1718179985&sprefix=deoxit%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-1

1 Like

My new rotary mixer has started giving off mini electric shocks. Am baffled as to what the problem is. Everything seems correctly wired and I never had this problem with the previous one. Is it likely to be the mixer itself or the power supply? Thought I was imagining it at first but it seems to be getting slightly worse.

Probably a grounding issue. Have someone look at it, could be dangerous.

3 Likes

Anyone tried the new Omnitronic TRM-222 yet? Thinking about switching things up and selling my MS Radius 2, and I quite like the look of this but don’t know anyone who has one/has tried it…

https://reverb.com/uk/item/82754652-omnitronic-trm-222-2-channel-rotary-mixer-2024?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=20304708451&utm_content=campaignid=20304708451_adgroupid=_productpartitionid==merchantid=5080457656_productid=82754652_keyword=_device=m_adposition=_matchtype=_creative=&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADRxZYX4cUzWOh-Z0dO6IIQmhDUuB&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvb-zBhCmARIsAAfUI2ufr88XJfsjAgjib8wd7xQK-gmiFq6H8k82xwZcWTvitzqXcVElxTwaAthkEALw_wcB