London pubs with good music etc

Alright, if there’s one thing that is easy to find in London, that’s a boozer. But what about the times you are looking for more than just pints? What are the places you go to hear decent music and see interesting people?

I’ve been to The Gun, in Well Street, which was fantastic. Also heard Craig Richards talking about The Lion & Lamb, but unfortunately I’ve never been there. There’s also Prince Arthur, lovely vegan pub next to Old Street, but that’s more for indie rock / 80s / etc.

What else have you guys got?

1 Like

Just cos it is easy for me, The Wildcard Brewery in Walthamstow did some interesting gig nights a few years ago: Hot Chip, Pato Banton and the sonic assault course of Thurston Moore. Hopefully they will be back.

1 Like

Our spiritual home in London is the always lovely Dartmouth Arms in NW5 / Tufnell Park. Great food & drink and an excellent sound system, nice schedule of residents & guests when things open up Dartmouth Arms — Disappearing Dining Club

4 Likes

The soon-to-open Two Tribes thing involving Leo & Pete is shaping up to be pretty ace by the looks of it

6 Likes

some friends from leeds are about to open https://www.instagram.com/thefarriercamden/ which I’m excited to spend time in when I can get back to the uk.

1 Like

thanks @Nearestfaraway it has been amazing working you guys over the lockdown.
here is a little interview with Dr Rob on what we have been working on, it is an ongoing project
but hopefully we can reopen and carry on going in the right direction.
Ban Ban Ton Ton interview.

3 Likes

I had the occasional expedition to Two Tribes with a bag of tunes pre-lockdown. It was always a fun place to spin, and the beer is excellent…

4 Likes

Went to that a couple of years ago. Bizarre location but great little spot

1 Like

Used to live round there the Dartmouth Arms was always a great pub. Will hopefully be frequenting that area a lot this year due to work so might have to carefully time some meetings towards the end of the day :wink:

1 Like

came in here hoping for some extremely British pub names like The Shroppinghamshire Arms or The Badger & Bellows but, far out, THE GUN. Too good.

4 Likes

Remember when I lived on Dartmoth Park Road? I DJed there a couple of times, but that was an age ago - 15 years?

2004/2005 I think