Yeah :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes
11 Likes

A classic :grinning:

2 Likes

Via Grace Dent’s latest restaurant review:

4 Likes

I’m with him on organic foods and scented candles lol

There was a guy who worked in a factory with my father long time ago, after an accident when he was younger he could not move his neck and his head was leaned over to his right shoulder, In the canteen they called him Paddy get your own paper… :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is the best clip I have seen all year…
https://youtube.com/shorts/hkQywpCuhMA?feature=share

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a good reason.

6 Likes

Used to love Ceefax lol, the tracklistings for the mixes on the Breezeblock used to be regularly put up on there the next day so it was good for trainspotting & there was a music section on the ch4 version that i used to read daily whilst having my breakfast back in’t day.

6 Likes
1 Like

the music section on Channel 4 was the first place I got a review published, it was a really big deal for me as a teenager, probably more than anything else I’ve achieved since to be honest

6 Likes

I used to write letters to it, Top 10s & such, some were published as well, it was always a thrill when i put it on in the morning, hoping my letter had been chosen, watching the pages slowly change in anticipation…
The guy who ran it went on to write the music column in the Daily Star after it ended i seem to remember, a big step down lol.
What/who did you review btw?

1 Like

John Earls - last I heard he was working for Loaded as part of its relaunch. Kim Dawson who did the other parts of Channel 4 Teletext ended up at the Daily Star too.

I reviewed a few gigs - this was in my indie-sympathetic era so Twilight Sad, Camera Obscura, mostly local and cheap things in an attempts to win that £10.

In a way those letters pages were like early forums weren’t they?

1 Like

My computing classes at school were making teletext pages. Loved a game of Bamboozle bitd

3 Likes

John Earls! That’s him, knew it was John something, yep it was very indiecentric from what i remember, i probably read some of your stuff then.
They were a bit like forums, a lot of the same contributors having their letters published/screened, i was a bit gutted when it all ended.

Yeah, Bamboozle was great lol

1 Like
1 Like

Quite similar to this design.

5 Likes