Life Hacks - Bringing Daily Joy

Most TV remotes have tiny bumps on them that you can feel under your fingers. They let you know where you are on the ‘handle’ in relation to the buttons.
This comes in handy when you’re watching Tele with your eyes closed.

4 Likes

Our new telly doesn’t have these and it drives me fucking nuts. Let’s all sit in the dark jabbing at a tiny black controller with tiny black featureless buttons.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to customise it. I’m thinking a combination of corn plasters, superglue and some hundreds and thousands. At the very least you need something that indicates you’ve got the bloody thing the right way up.

2 Likes

Our dog chewed our remote to bits… The layers of tape holding the batteries in is my guide.

3 Likes

Free trips…

(turn off the sound tho)

3 Likes
1 Like

Whoop

https://twitter.com/todayyearsoldig/status/1666178329811243010?s=46&t=4pMF_T9kTLvpfyosKJKd_Q

4 Likes

When you pull into a petrol/gas station in an unfamiliar car or are too drunk to remember which side the filling cap is, there is usually a little arrow next to the fuel pump icon on your dashboard.
I learned this at the age of 54 and use it every couple of weeks.
ps. I don’t drink and drive.

5 Likes

I can confirm that the tupperware trick works like a middle-age magic trick.

2 Likes

Next hack is where to find the wee button to pop the fuel cap

2 Likes

I still don’t know what this is

1 Like

Homemade rehydration drink. Spoonful of sugar, spoonful of salt, juice of half a lemon, water (obviously). Vile but does the job.

3 Likes

Good innit

2 Likes

Freeze some coffee ice cubes so that your iced coffee will no longer be tasteless and diluted. You can also use these ice cubes to cool down a piping hot cup of coffee without it becoming watery.

3 Likes

My sister does this at least once a week. Always random stuff.

Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 14.43.39

2 Likes