Lets hear your mixes

Increasingly rare WFH day sorted. Might need overtime :grimacing:

1 Like

First outing on voices radio…I was invited by a friend to cover her monthly “Balearic Sunrise” show…inspiration for the show was the sunrise sessions slot at Love International no less :wink:

I went for more of a sunrise to sunset/Ibiza by day kinda vibe but was pretty pleased with how it turned out!

Cheers

3 Likes

A mix for a listening bar I sometimes play at. Bit of spiritual jazz/slow and low/etc

JEFF PARKER-FOUR FOLKS

MAGNUS P.I-ROOTLESS

BEVERLY GLENN-COPELAND-SUNSET VILLAGE

EL REMOLON-LA BONITA

NUEL-VIBRATION

URSULA RUCKER-CIRCE (JAZZANOVA MIX)

DAM’CY-EPHEMERAL MEANING

ALIEN ALIEN-PERFIDIA

SAXSYNDRUM-UP TO YOU (DUB)

THE PILOTWINGS-SHIVA DANS LE JURA (FT. BIGOUDI)

Q-TIP-DO YOU DIG YOU

THE PYRAMIDS-MEMORY RITUAL

KHIDJA-DRUMS OF TAKISM

PALMBOMEN II-CARINA SAYLES

ROCKERS HI FI-DESERT WIND (SATSUMA NIGHTMARE MIX)

BANTU CLAN & SARABI-AFRICA NI LEO (ESA EXTENDED MIX)

JOE MENSAH-CRY LAUGHTER

ALEC TRONIQ-FAROU

CONQUEST-FOREVER (K-LONE EDIT)

3 Likes

That Lozano in dub track remonds me of El Remolon

2 hours of mostly new hip hop - kept the tracks to short ones to give it a cut n paste feel

2 Likes

This is a live recording from back in the summer, from our Sunday afternoon sessions at the Things Happen Here tap room near Totnes in Devon. I was going b2b with a friend so it’s split into 3 parts.l of me playing. Starts slow and builds up, enjoy!

8 Likes

3 hours of a 5h set I did at a fancy new hotel bar here in São Paulo. I was playing on the new Alpha Theta Opus Quad and figured out it is very easy to record your sets on that thing. Otherwise it’s a big CDJ-3000, basically. This kind of set is not usually my thing but it was good to record something easier to put on the background whenever I have people over etc. A bit of everything.

5 Likes

I asked Toni Mcvey to come spin, she is a local jazz/funk drummer, main resident drummer at the Jazz Bar here in Edinburgh, as well as a session musician and member of a few interesting bands.

She’d mentioned she’d picked up a lot of new records while she was touring America as part of the band that were supporting Jungle, so i got her to come and play them for us.

Camera placement in Paradise Palms is a bit weird, cos we can’t really be pointing the camera out into the crowd and filming people without their consent, so it’s always aimed more at the backstage type area…

7 Likes

I’m doing a monthly mix on a local internet radio thing. I plan on going down a little dig into a genre or feeling each month. This time I played a bunch of Jam & Lewis and adjacent tracks. Emotional 80s R&B/pop/disco/electro. This stuff really touches me, I’m sure there’s others out there who like it.

1 Like

I used the recording of me playing in Paradise Palms last month for my radio show on EHFM this month, except i remembered just now as i am typing this that I avoided doing anything with this recording because i was having some technical difficulties on the actual night. So, i guess this is my Grimes moment…

I play all sorts of everything but here’s a nice mix I like featuring songs FSOL taught us in the style of their old ISDN essential mixes - (does this work?!) Mixcloud - ha, struggling to embed things, my bad!

Back again with another two hours of Easy Listening on Dublab! Two hours of very smooth music, meant to evoke the feeling of a warm, sunny day in Beautiful Los Angeles, California. Enjoy!

TRACKLIST:

Keith Killgo – Jenny
Jeff Lorber – Delevans
Bob James – Rousseau
Sherry Winston – Do It For Love
Masaki Matsubara – Moonlight Cruise
Jan Akkerman – Cool In The Shadow
Alexander Zonjic – Song For The Oceans
G.E.N.E. – Have A Good Day
Dancing Fantasy – Malibu
Ira Hirschel – Malibu Sunset
Elements – Brazilian Waves
Atlas – Madrigl
Hiroshima – Another Place
Fourplay – Monterey
Yuji Toriyama – Midnight Struttin’
Lyonel Bauchet – Level Flight 1
Stanley Myers – Club Mediterranee
Group 87 – Frontiers: 1856
Joan Bibiloni – Caminos Del Aire
Sadao Watanabe – Cool Breeze
Joe McBride – An Evening In Dallas
Kata – Summer In The City
Barrington Vincent – Ivory Coast
Malta – Stranger In Paradise
Alphonse Mouzon – The Next Time We Love

3 Likes

Live thing for 4 hours that you’ll never get back x

2 Likes

Here’s this weeks show.

https://www.mixcloud.com/chris-howell-jones/howlers-balearic-breakdown-breakfast-show-1btn-19th-april-2024/

1. Ammonite - ARP Reprise [Ransom Note]
  2. Mighty Truth - Your Love (Mighty Truth Remix) [The Sounds of Sinners]
  3. The Woodentops - Dream On (Balearic Ultras Brooking Bass Remix) [Higher Love Recordings]
  4. Jasper Van’t Hof presents Pili-Pili (Coyote Double Drop Edit) [NuNorthern Soul]
  5. Iraina Mancini - Undo The Blue (Beyond The Wizards Sleeve Re-Animation) [Mythology]
  6. Il Quadro di Troisi - I Buchi Neri [Raster]
  7. Quiroga - Once Again (Ambient Version) [Hell Yeah]
  8. Max Essa – Sundowning [Palms & Charms]
  9. Elliot Moriarty - Inner Pike (Andy Kidd Remix) [L O S T]
  10. Alan Parsons Project - A Dream Within A Dream (Rayko Club Version) [White]
  11. Auf Togo – Mexico [SaS Recordings]
  12. Beats International - Echo Chamber (Jitter Edit) [White]
  13. Hipnosis - Droid+Automatic Piano (Secret Squirrels Edit) [Secret Squirrels]
  14. Lex (Athens) - Without You [Delusions of Grandeur]
  15. Kim Yaffa - Once Bitten (Nick the Record & Dan Tyler Edit) [Pleasure of Love]
  16. Florecer - Hidden Thoughts (Das Komplex Remix) [Is It Balearic?]
  17. JIM - Phoenix (X-Press 2 On Fire Dub) [Vicious Charm Recordings]
  18. YUKSEK - Kwatamaja (Pete Herbert Remix) [Partyfine]
  19. Richard Norris - Weatherall’s Last Stand
6 Likes

Really enjoyed it, caught it live for the first time in a while. That Woodentops tune is fantastic.

2 Likes

Thanks Sam. Yes, great track and a top remix from the Ultras.

2 Likes

New mix up from Refuge Worldwide business. Guest show on the first hour with great house music and second hour by me with these tunes:

• Saturns Drive - Lilo On The Sea

• The Sugarcubes - Birthday (Justin Robertson 12″ mix)

• Norman Connors - So Much Love

• Electrotete - I Love You (Bug-Eyed Bears From Venus Mix)

• Révélation - Synth It

• Starpoint - I Want You - You Want Me (Def House Mix)

• L.X.R.- Elixir Of Love (Elixir House)

• Colonel Abrams - Release The Tension

• Moodymann - Tribute (To The Soul We Lost)

• Baby Ford – Children Of The Revolution

• Discotecas - Heavy Dub

• Powerdance - The Lost Art of Getting Down (Tribute Dub)

• Ronnie Lion - Alligator Pond

New Lio Press, Discotecas and Isle of Jura :v: Enjoy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

that Saturn’s Drive LP is greeeeaat!

2 Likes

My Loose.fm show from last Friday is up on Mixcloud now. Just an hour show this time as I hosted a DnB mix in my second hour.

Very happy with how this show sounds which is mainly because of three things: the mic was broken so there’s no inane chat from me; I focused on selection not what would beat mix; the music is just really good.

Definitely one for the headphones and a spliff.

2 Likes

Hello everyone.
Some Italo, French boogie and disco for you. Been a year, time to start work on a new mix, but in the meantime…enjoy some crackly vinyl.

Muriel Dacq, P. Lion, Silver Pozzoli, Kasso, La Bionda, Cory Daye, Firefly, K.I.D., Advance, Baiser, Aurra, Eartha Kitt.

Blurb copy/paste:

When COVID hit a few years back, I went into full-on hermit mode, but made the most of my time. Luckily, I could still work and all of the money not spent on nights out got spent on nights in, digging for records online. This is the result.

All vinyl, rickety beatmatching, a few came-in-a-millisecond-too-early’s, some sibilant s’s, a pop and a crack here and there but who cares. This is one of my favorite mixes I’ve had the pleasure to put together. There are more to come. In the meantime, enjoy!

1 Like