Killer live versions

Prefer this to the studio take

The beat on this is like hip-hip

5 Likes

Made In Japan > Machine Head

1 Like

Love the studio version but this is fantastic as well

5 Likes

Was listening to this five minutes ago. It’s less that I prefer than just having an alternate version doubles your pleasure and the extra synth line that floats in and out is wicked.

1 Like

Basically every track Talking Heads performed on Stop Making Sense

5 Likes

the incredible sound of lisa fischer

3 Likes

Bill Withers, Live at Carnegie Hall. Everything about it. Especially the version of Harlem.

5 Likes

can’t find any footage of this, although i did hear it performed at the scala in london not long after the “programmed” release… although I can’t find any evidence that that ever happened either, maybe this belongs on the “did i dream this…” thread

either way, my memory was of this just building and building to an abrupt halt and a, momentarily, stunned audience

1 Like

HBD to her majesty

4 Likes

And this. Mondays’ live version of Freaky Dancin’.

Signature tune.

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Most Balearic concert

1 Like

She turned up on a Clausell 12 recently. And the Morales mix of Save Me is a favourite.

Absolutely smokin’ live version of this Chicago killer - check Terry Kath’s guitar solo at the 2.59 mark - fuck me - what an unsung legend. Hendrix claimed that Kath was “a better player than me”. Sadly, his love of drugs and guns (he started taking guns everywhere he went) saw him shoot himself in the head accidentally, after his roadie told him to “be careful” whilst cleaning his 9mm semi-automatic. Kath showed him the clip and said "What do you think I’m gonna do? Blow my brains out?” - he’d forgotten about the bullet in the guns’ chamber and did just that.

1 Like

I dare you to top this

This whole album

5 Likes

Crack open some vino tinto and you’re in Spain