Jose Padilla

There’s a new Jose Padilla film out… It’s based around a really lovely interview with Jose and gives you a real insight into the man, what he was all about and why he was so important.

29 Likes

Super title ‘scoring sunsets’

Fantastic film. Quite short but so very well done, will resonate with the balearic crew…

1 Like

Excellent. Will check this tomorrow.

Just watched it, lovely.
Sad he’s gone but he’s left a great legacy.

2 Likes

That was lovely.

WOW, this has done me… Beautiful

3 Likes

as you say, an absolutely lovely film. and so sad - i still find it hard to believe he is no longer with us

just one thing, mentioning import record shops… i have always wondered how jose managed to find so many amazing records, from so many different genres, when nobody else was playing what he was playing?? :thinking:

2 Likes

Phil Mison knows all about that as he spoke to Jose lots about where he was getting the records. Next time I speak to him I’ll ask him.

3 Likes

Does somebody know how many volumes of those “Café del Mar” tapes (the early ones) exist?

Are some of them online? Would love to hear some…

2 Likes

highest number i have is no. 27

@Apiento - thanks very much, if anyone would know then it would be phil. what i meant was, and sorry i didnt express properly, was how did he know what music to look for in the first place rather than where did he find it :thinking:

We tried to track down as many of the tapes online as we could for this piece, there’s links to 15+ volumes here

10 Likes

wow, that’s a great collection

if anyone can convert to digital, i have no. 19. would love to share, and not only because i don’t have a cassette player atm :thinking:

2 Likes

Here it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

ha! that was quick, thanks very much :pray:

1 Like

Ah cool.

Merci!

1 Like

Another good chunk of Jose’s tapes (13,16,20,21,22+) were uploaded by Kid Tuesday on their Mixcloud’s:

Brillantly converted, and a few other uploads also worth checking on there…

2 Likes

I have 23,24,25 from 1995 or 96… His face would light up when you asked him for tapes… His main income at the time…

2 Likes

I’ve got a bunch some listed by number and some by date (early 90s). I’m about two weeks away from being able to safely take the subway to my office where I’ve got my tape ripping rig set up and then I’ll drop any online that aren’t already available.

4 Likes

Link to his profile here :slight_smile:

2 Likes