In Memoriam…

Topical and sad small claims court. Bill Brewster and I shared a taxi with Terry Hall from Glasgow airport. He was funny - very dry. He also later took the piss out of us to other people at the event for talking about progressive rock.

9 Likes

As David Holmes says in his Insta - ‘Look after yourselves - the bombs are getting closer’

6 Likes

He’s not wrong!

2 Likes

Specials x Peanuts drawing I made a few years back. Wanted to add this to the amazingly unique posts on all my socials I’m seeing today showing an outpouring of love for Terry Hall. I’ve really not seen anything like it since Bowie died. The man was a part of so many nascent youth rumblings centred around cool individuality.

13 Likes

This was my intro to him. Just started buying records age 16 and the first few Tricky records were a gateway…

3 Likes

yeah-if-everyone-68oct0

10 Likes

18 Likes

Nice one, that’s the morning’s listening sorted :+1:

3 Likes

Thom Bell. Huge. RIP

He even made Elton sound like Philly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccc7aGSvZpQ

12 Likes
8 Likes

Fuck me just seen this on the way home. This one hits hard, real hard. RIP Maxi Jazz :heart:

3 Likes

I eventually developed a pathological hatred of Insomnia but as a 20 year old in 1995 getting into parties and hearing it for first time, sounded pretty amazing. Faithless were always a bit of an eccentric bunch, classicaly trained musicians who somehow evolved into trance pioneers. I certainly thought Maxi Jazz always had this kind of aura about him on stage, who was unlike anyone else around.

4 Likes

I liked the first half of the album version, but when it went into the hook it was like nails down a blackboard after a while!

RIP though, died in his sleep? 65 is no age at all

5 Likes

I still love the first two albums. I know it’s fairly simple in the way it pushes the right buttons at 2am but for me that makes it no lesseffective.

God is a DJ sums up how powerful you guys can be when you are controlling the crowd. As an atheist, clubs were my temple many years ago, that feeling of shared experience and oneness.

To paraphrase Weatherall “sometimes I think it’s just playing records and sometimes we are touching on the gnostic spirit of humanity, mankind has always relied on coloured lights, pounding rhythms and hallucinogens to reach God” (or something like that)

https://youtu.be/bhSB8EEnCAM

4 Likes

Faithless we’re dreadful no?

Still sad to see a creative and what sounds like a good man pass away prematurely even if I don’t like his music.

4 Likes

Personally I couldn’t give a wet pie anymore what an individual has or hasn’t done, made, achieved etc. and if those actions are perceived to be of merit or not. If they are a decent person, all that other stuff is just past activities that have no bearing whatsoever at the end of the day. Just some stuff that we kid ourselves into believing matter. Working in aged care has clarified this view even more for me. But most rock music, yeah that’s just garbage to me ; )

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmlVz83ICjK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

FabricLive promoter Shaun Roberts. RIP.

5 Likes

Pele.

What a life.

Rest in peace sir

12 Likes

Vivienne Westwood too today.

3 Likes