How Niche is Too Niche?

:rofl: :rofl:

Love it. I have a copy of Spinal Tap Break Like The Wind, but it does actually have some music on it - All The Way Home is the last track.

Piers wins. End of thread. :joy::joy:

Love Spinal Tap. Incidentally there was a rockumentary being produced about PISS called Urinal Tap. There are odd trailers and clips but the full doc was never made.

1 Like

I love this series, cos I’m a car nut. Ferraris and Maseratis are label mates to Thelonious Monk, who knew?

i guess i collect poetry records, but specifically: shouty, confrontational and semi-perverse poetry records. no quiet, introspective “leaves of grass” readings for me.

such as this: Giorno Poetry Systems Label | Releases | Discogs

gonna put my hands on one of these some day!

1 Like

essential listening on an acid comedown:

1 Like

My Grandparents lived in Fiji in the 70’s… Fiji was my Gran’s ‘Monica’ favourite country that they lived in… I ended up with some of her 7’s when she died… There is a few from Fuji Police band…

https://youtu.be/SqShJFWk7dg

Moni was also into Hawaiian music…

1 Like

Thanks for that, love a rail journey.

On a similar tip, though not a train more light rail vehicle.

This still is the pinnacle of my record collecting. I think it came in a box of 7"s I brought at an auction:
Stainless Stephen doing a promotional song for tripe for United Cattle Products.

http://www.unitedcattleproducts.co.uk/publications_stephen_stainless.php

3 Likes

Never even knew this was a thing, but apparently Bhutan issued a series of stamps that were actually 2.5 inch records!

3 Likes

For anyone who wants to start learning how to identify birdsong, there’s an app called Chirp.

It’s got a quiz feature where you can build up the number of birds you have to identify. It’s a simple way to get started.

1 Like

Yep, second that. Chirp is really good. There’s also a great database called Xeno Canto. I’ll get my coat.

1 Like

The same train can be heard from my house in brooklyn and my house in the country, literally the two ends of the same freight line. I grew up getting dragged around America on “vacations” by my crazy rail fan dad and I can tell you that there are few more comforting sounds than a train whistle in the dead of night.

2 Likes

Not if you’re tied to the tracks.

1 Like

took me a while to find these shots, about 7 years ago a friend got an Air bnb in Berlin, he was like “yo come round and check this spot its crazy” in the sparse lounge was a wall of records, 7m x 3m of shelving, and a single chair right in the sweet spot of the room, we looked through and realised the whole collection was in alphabetical order and this was the weirdest of the lot.
we think it was a hand cut 1 off from an art installation? I guess the packaging and art was done on site as part of the installation. music was drone-y with people talking (which I guess was also the installation?)
unless its some super underground thing? can anyone shed light on this mystery?

2 Likes